Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

At the gate and revving their engines

Started by FullChoke, March 14, 2017, 10:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Your Mississippi and Alabama Team Roaring 20's terrorists are poised at the gates and hoping for some ragged sleep before the 30 minutes before sunrise witching hour in the morning which constitutes the opening of the 2017 turkey season down here. Join together with us to wish them safety, fun and big honkin' gobblers.

Ready, steady... :newmascot:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

paintbrush

harleytom

Thanks.guys, gonna be the coldest opener I can ever remember, mid 20's the first 2 mornings. Colder than a lot of this past deer season. I'll be chasing them as best I can. May be posting a frozen turkey, if you know what I mean! ????

xarcher

You all be safe today. And put a couple on the board.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

cramerhunts

Good luck everybody, have fun, shoot straight, and stay safe!

xarcher

So did we go 0 for Mississippi today? 

FullChoke

Quote from: xarcher on March 15, 2017, 08:22:38 PM
So did we go 0 for Mississippi today?
Apparently. I know that Surehuntsalot and myself weren't able to get away from work Wednesday, and I haven't heard from the others yet. My guess is that their hunting will start on Saturday.  As a side note, everyone that I talked to that was able to go said that although it was deer-hunting cold Wednesday morning, at sunrise it was clear and the birds were screaming. Most folks reported hearing around 100-200 gobbles yesterday morning.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

harleytom

I'm in central AL the last 2 days. Almost no gobbling being reported w/ 6 hunters in the woods.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I got a call from my boss at 6:55 this morning that I could have the day off, 8:00 getting to the woods and heard and saw nothing! Buddy said he heard a new member shoot 3 times in a spot I had planned on opening my season, after my work day tomorrow I will be after them every day for the next month, good luck to all!

xarcher

Quote from: 3bailey3 on March 16, 2017, 08:05:24 PM
I got a call from my boss at 6:55 this morning that I could have the day off, 8:00 getting to the woods and heard and saw nothing! Buddy said he heard a new member shoot 3 times in a spot I had planned on opening my season, after my work day tomorrow I will be after them every day for the next month, good luck to all!
3 shots adds up to a miss and 2 running shots.

FullChoke

Alrighty then, tomorrow is the first weekend of the 2017 turkey season for the states of Alabama and Mississippi. I will be among the ravenous horde descending on the innocent woodland chickens for our annual ritualistic game of wits. I long to feel the discomfort of a pair of long spurs crushing down on my fingers and shoulders and to feel that rhythmic bloody thumping of an aerated head on the seat of my britches.

May our team mates be in rare tactical form, able to parse out an entire volume of information from the thinnest wisp of left behind evidence and fashion a fool-proof Close Encounter of the Bird Kind with the undisputed King of the Spring.   

Let's stay safe out there, my brothers.

FC

xarcher

Good luck to all tomorrow.  Flip the bird as they say. 

harleytom

My 3rd day in Central AL and not the first gobble. Gonna move west and try MS this weekend and get ready for FL the following weekend. Hope the warmer weather opens up some mouths soon. Good luck to all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sand Man

3 more weekends for me.  Y'all hurry up and do some damage!

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!