OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sound File  (Read 8478 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: Sound File
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2022, 04:03:11 PM »

As far as my preferred style, I try my hardest to have a clean front and raspy backend with a little thump in it. I have dedicated much time since my original post to learn the trumpet, part of that has been listening to as many real hens as possible. My ears have evolved more than my skill, if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I prefer this style of calling also!!! All rasp with no thump in it just doesn’t sound correct to my ear. I have one of your sound files Terry that sounds absolutely like a live hen and probably the best trumpet playing that I have ever heard.
[/quote]

I've talked to an old turkey man who has hunted with Rev. Zach. He said you can hear a distinct breaker in the yelp when you are at a little distance from Mr. Zach's calling.

I am guessing when you are talking about the thump or lack of thump you are referring to front end to back end breakover.

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2022, 04:06:04 PM »
Yes, that is what I am referring to. I was specifically talking about me in reference to Ranger’s question. That “thump” or roll over is something I try to incorporate into my calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline larry9988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2022, 08:35:53 PM »
Terry, will you post a soundfile? What call maker made the call you prefer?

Offline coaldigger

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2022, 08:46:08 PM »
Wow This is Awesome :popcorn:

Offline Mark Prudhomme

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2022, 09:18:29 PM »
EZ your calls are spot on as well. I played them in Nashville last feb. For a wingbone they ran very similar to a trumpet. Bones are for sure hard to get consistent due to varying diameters. I think you have mastered that.