turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Having a little fun

Started by callmakerman, December 03, 2022, 05:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

So what do you do on a Saturday when it's raining, and you can't go hunting? Well, I was looking at the Christmas tree a couple of days ago and I thought hit me. Now there's a few guys on here that know and or have some Xmas tree ornaments that I made some time ago. I've made long box, short box, scratch box, hen box, turpin box and trumpets so the thought was I need a Davis yelper. All the others from the past are made from wood. The Davis is delrin, 223 brass and a goose bone. I went all out on this one with the exception of drilling all the way through so it would run. Love doing these and really enjoy seeing them on the tree. Thanx for the look. 

turkey stew

Neat Tree ornament. Really like it!

Bedge7767

Jim

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tarheel

That's exceptional!!!  I really like that. 

GobbleGitr

Neat idea...an ornament that would bring good cheer on a turkey hunter's tree for sure!

EZ

That's a good idea to not drill it the whole way through Bill. That way no one will steal it off your tree, lol!!!

callmakerman

Quote from: EZ on December 04, 2022, 09:59:41 AM
That's a good idea to not drill it the whole way through Bill. That way no one will steal it off your tree, lol!!!
A friend made a great observation. His thoughts were that if I had drilled all the way through that it may have made a nice kee kee call. I figured it would be high pitched but never thought that it may work as a kee kee call. Oh well they look nice on the tree.

callmakerman

Quote from: GobbleGitr on December 04, 2022, 09:13:56 AM
Neat idea...an ornament that would bring good cheer on a turkey hunter's tree for sure!
I'm not a huge fan of Christmas. 40+ years of the grocery and the package delivery business have taken that out of me. I started this so I could have fun and get some enjoyment from the holiday.

GregGwaltney

With my experimentation habit, I would start drilling and mess them up for an ornament and a call.....mama would not be happy.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

sbbow

Very nice Bill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

310 gauge

Got your own indoor roosting tree right there!