OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rem 870 sm with undertaker choke (update)  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Nate812

Rem 870 sm with undertaker choke (update)
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:49:15 AM »
I couldn't find the previous post were i was asking about choke tubes for my 870 but i am new to turkey hunting and this is my first attempt at patterning a shotgun and since my last post i was using a tightwad choke and have now changed to the undertaker so i just wanted to share my new pattern with you and get any input from you guys that i can like i said i a new to this so i don't know much but my poa was center of the bulls-eye and poi was a little high which i am comfortable with also this was at 40yrds with longbeard xr 3 1/2 in 2oz 5shot

Offline Zombie1978

Re: Rem 870 sm with undertaker choke (update)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »
That would have done him in. Nice pattern for 40. What does it look like at 30. Also be careful how tight it is at 20 because turkeys have a way of sneaking in close before you know it.

Offline Nate812

Re: Rem 870 sm with undertaker choke (update)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:38:48 AM »
 :jackson: thanks Zombie 1978 it is a little tight at 20 yd but i also patterned some Hevi triple beard that was great out to 30 but fell apart after that i will try to put some more lead on paper this weekend and see if i can post the 20 an 30yrd patterns on here