OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: You would think I am lucky...  (Read 2821 times)

Offline old frank

• Georgia
You would think I am lucky...
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:58:38 PM »

Yes, that is my feeder. No, we can't bait turkeys and I turned the feeder of today.  Yes I can hunt pigs on this property. Turkey season starts March 25th!

No No No, I can't hunt turkeys on this property! :newmascot:

Offline old frank

• Georgia
Re: You would think I am lucky...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 02:07:26 PM »

I have these same three gobblers visiting the feeder sometimes three times a day and day after day after day.

This is a deer hunting club. I pay a small fee to pig hunt when it is not deer season but it would cost me $1200 to join the deer club so I can turkey hunt there and I already have a place to hunt on a friends farm. Sometimes being retired has it limitations!
But there is always this:

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
What a shame that those buzzards are eating up all that poor pig's food. They just came in there to vogue in front of the camera and tease you. The club ought to pay you back for killing these swine by letting you take at least one of these birds off of their hands. That's only fair.

BTW, since you are officially retired, that means you can hunt every day of the season, right? I will go ahead and clear a couple of spots off on the Tally Board just for you!

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
Great pictures! Definitely gets the blood flowing even if you can't hunt turkey there.

Offline Ericbrooks

You would think I am lucky...
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
I would love to run an arrow through that big ol piggy!!
That's on my bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk