turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You hunting this?

Started by Coop1082, March 05, 2017, 04:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Alrighty fellas I posted not long ago with some pics of a super hot pattern with LB #5s out of a Browning BPS. I got out today and wanted to just convince myself one more time that the pattern wasn't the greatest for a hunting situation before I went the new choke route and this is what I ended up with. 8" circle and the pattern appears to be quite a bit more even for what it's worth from what I saw out of a just off the rack barrel. 1 picture 134 in a 8" and the other is 126 in a 8 and I circled it a little low as far as pattern center goes. Let me know your opinions fellas!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Coop1082

Second pic, couldn't figure out how to attach two....
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Happy

It's a bit spotty for my taste. I look for an even distribution of pellets in the circle. Don't matter if it's 110 or 190 in a circle. I don't like big gaps in the pattern.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

1iagobblergetter

I'd try the LB #6s or different choke...

learn2hide

Agreed, I'd work on some other load and choke options
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

chatterbox

I agree with the above posts.
Just too spotty for my taste.

mtns2hunt

I patterned some LB 5's this morning at 40 yards and my group was more even and spread out. I do not focus on how many pellets are in an 8 or ten inch circle but focus more on how even the pattern spreads. I am shooting a 25 year old Browning BPS with a kicks .655 choke. All my patterns are even with a few deviations or small holes on occasion.  Can you tell me the range in which you patterned your shotgun. I shoot LB #4 for field and usually LB 6 for woods. I will be using the LB #5 for the first time this year.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.