turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3-5-17

Started by Roost 1, March 05, 2017, 12:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Got out of truck at 5:45 this morning and immediately heard birds gobbling in the bottom. They were on the ground before 6am, gobbled just a few more times and all was quite. It was 31 degrees when I got out of truck. By my guesstimation we are 3 weeks ahead of schedule here in west ky. All the pear trees and some apple trees have bloomed. Also saw 3 bucks still holding onto both sides, biggest being a 130" 8pt.

wvmntnhick

That's not good news other than the buck. As for breeding, that's not really dictated by what's going on with weather and what not. It follows a photoperiodic schedule but I'm sure you're already knowledgeable about that. 130" 8 point is a huge 8. I'd love to see that sucker for certain. Perhaps with a bow in hand. Of course I'd find a good way to mess that up I'm betting. Good luck down there bud.

BOFF

Cool!

Good to know they are there!

God Bless,
David B.

Clif Owen

Took a drive by one of my areas this morning. Saw 5. 4 jakes and a pretty nice bird up the road from them. I know I don't nearabouts have him but it felt good to see him right there. He was pretty close to where I park sometimes. Going back in the morning to listen.