OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Need help on fastfire 3 agian!  (Read 3295 times)

Offline jwright8

Need help on fastfire 3 agian!
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »
I got a ff3, I had full intentions on getting a sumtoy mount for it. Today I went into my local gun shop, they had a burris protector mount in stock. Me being the impatient person I am, I said I'll go ahead and get it. A protetor would be nice to have anyway. I'm not sure any of this has to do with my problem, but I am shooting low with it, I've ran out of adjustment. I'm still shooting low with the elevation maxed out. Any help or suggestions?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline backwater

Re: Need help on fastfire 3 agian!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »
Just wondering.  Did you use the sighting in stickey on the top of this forum category?   Very helpful.  If you can, post a picture of your setup.   Maybe somebody can spot the culprit.

Offline jwright8

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »
Ended up sliding it foward its hitting where I need it to now, but would prefer to have it back a little further if anyone has any other solutions.

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
Keep in mind relationship of dot to muzzle. Meaning, like in the sighting in post, you'll want to "follow" your shot. If you aim at the bullseye at 15 yds and shoot low, you need to LOWER your dot. Sometimes the "up" arrows can confuse - thinking your turning it up to raise your pattern, when your actually raising your dot causing the shot to go even lower.

Feel free to give me a "no kidding Sherlock" if you have it right. I'm just speaking of first hand knowledge of "confusion"..  8)

Offline jwright8

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »
Keep in mind relationship of dot to muzzle. Meaning, like in the sighting in post, you'll want to "follow" your shot. If you aim at the bullseye at 15 yds and shoot low, you need to LOWER your dot. Sometimes the "up" arrows can confuse - thinking your turning it up to raise your pattern, when your actually raising your dot causing the shot to go even lower.

Feel free to give me a "no kidding Sherlock" if you have it right. I'm just speaking of first hand knowledge of "confusion"..  8)
I did make sure of this before I posted.

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »

I did make sure of this before I posted.

:icon_thumright:

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »
few things can happen.  1st i would move it to the back.  if that dont help you go to get a lower mount or shim the back of that one. . :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline jwright8

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »
few things can happen.  1st i would move it to the back.  if that dont help you go to get a lower mount or shim the back of that one. . :anim_25:
Thanks for the help. Would your mount sit lower than this?

Offline Swampchickin234

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 08:35:19 PM »
Shim it with a strip or 2 of coke can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »

it will be lower.  now have you shot a different choke to see if that may have something to do with it.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline hybridtom

• Got the fever?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 10:32:46 PM »

It seems like I had to shim the back of mine too.  I have the protector mount on a weaver rail in the rear most position.

Offline NFW

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 05:38:03 PM »
Just a wonder it might be a 20 moa base and have it on there backwards and would explain it.