OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Used Press or Jig

Started by compton30, February 28, 2017, 09:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

A buddy and I are looking into getting serious about making our own diaphragms but we cant afford the 700+ for a new Feather Ridge. If someone is looking to off load theirs we would love to talk about making a deal for a press. Thanks fellas!!

mspaci

I just make them for me and stretch em by hand. No press needed

saverx

I recommend the jig from Feather Ridge. I made calls for many years by hand stretching without any thing. Even had to cut my own frames. This was before the internet believe it or not. The jig makes it easy. You can make contest quality calls with the Feather Ridge jig with some learning curve involved.

compton30

Quote from: mspaci on February 28, 2017, 11:18:32 AM
I just make them for me and stretch em by hand. No press needed

If it was just me getting into it I would probably also just stretch them by hand. I'm sure you can make some sweet sounding calls once you get that down pat!

compton30

Quote from: saverx on February 28, 2017, 11:22:41 AM
I recommend the jig from Feather Ridge. I made calls for many years by hand stretching without any thing. Even had to cut my own frames. This was before the internet believe it or not. The jig makes it easy. You can make contest quality calls with the Feather Ridge jig with some learning curve involved.
/

Definitely interested in a jig from Feather Ridge but would prefer to deal on one someone is looking to get rid of rather than buying new.

Lonehowl

Dont forget he makes a sweet hand stretcher as well. For like 250-ish? Yes, the press is around 700-ish.
Mark

compton30

Quote from: Lonehowl on February 28, 2017, 07:20:33 PM
Dont forget he makes a sweet hand stretcher as well. For like 250-ish? Yes, the press is around 700-ish.
Mark

I sent him an email asking what he could do in the price range. So we will see what he comes up with.

bullet355

There is a jig on ebay right now, its a wooden
one but should work fine to get you started, then
you could upgrade later if you wanted to. The
current bid is ( as I am posting this ) $31.00. Search
for Diaphragm turkey mouth call press.

compton30

Quote from: bullet355 on March 01, 2017, 01:31:43 AM
There is a jig on ebay right now, its a wooden
one but should work fine to get you started, then
you could upgrade later if you wanted to. The
current bid is ( as I am posting this ) $31.00. Search
for Diaphragm turkey mouth call press.

Opening a new tab as we speak to go check it out. Thanks man!

mspaci

I also have this, but still just make em by hand, when I need a bunch for friekds I get it out.

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/apps/webstore/

compton30

Quote from: mspaci on March 01, 2017, 07:14:53 PM
I also have this, but still just make em by hand, when I need a bunch for friekds I get it out.

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/apps/webstore/

Couldn't get the link to work on my phone but I'll check it out 1st thing on my PC when my break comes around at 1. Thanks fella!

wbpc

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

compton30

Thanks, wbpc! Checking it out now!