OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: When does your season start?  (Read 6120 times)

Offline Dmason3

When does your season start?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »
April 15th here for second season (North) in Illinois. Screwed up turkey hunting dates...we really have to get after it if we're not land owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
Re: When does your season start?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
Private land opened up on March 20, and public land opens up tomorrow. For some reason, I am going to fight the crowd tomorrow on public land...

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »
14 days and counting, lol. I have to take a group of kiddos to Jeff City this weekend so that kinda puts a hurtin on my scouting. But we normally get to see a crap load going up there and when we travel from Jeff city to Linn. I know I'm ready to shoot one in the face, lol.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline birdman67

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »
Taking off work this Friday so hopefully the weather will cooperate. Had a big bird come in behind me last week. He snuck in and then sat and gobbled in my ear for about 5 minutes. I was pinned down and couldn't move. He went over and hill and I spun on him but he never stuck his head back up. Hoping for another chance!
Loving God's Creation!

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 06:13:41 AM »
I have another hunt coming up. Last week I hunted or scouted for 6 days straight. I have heard a bird gobble on every day except for 1, and I had terrible weather that day.
Lots of gobbling but birds are not responding. Hopefully the hens are gone and the Toms are lonely.

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »
The storms that we are having here should be passed by tomorrow evening, so I may try to get out on Friday morning. The only problem is that I believe it will be windy. I guess that means I just need to get my box call out for Friday.

Offline wvhoyt19

When does your season start?
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 05:35:07 AM »
Waiting on the 17th here in WV. I have scouted the last 8 days (8 evenings 2 mornings cause of work). I've rooster birds every evening in the same area as I did last spring. Yesterday morning was a blast! I watched 3 longbeards, 4 jakes and 8 hens fly down. Then 2 more gobblers showed up. I'm definitely excited for youth season on the 15th and then my vacation starts. Hope y'all enjoy the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline birdman67

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »
Awesome pics!
Loving God's Creation!