OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Extra gloves and face mask.  (Read 6129 times)

Offline Jmbradt3873

Re: Extra gloves and face mask.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »
I Always carry a backup pair of gloves and facemask never lost a mask but I have about 10 left hand gloves without a match.
+1. I have quite the collection of mismatched gloves.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Online Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »
I don't carry spares because that just means that I will lose two of something rather than just one of something.   :D
You just described me!

I have pretty much given up on gloves...  I just cannot imagine a bird seeing my hands and running for the hills...

I do feel a face mask is important, as our heads move and bob around, and the oils shine of the skin of a face are the first thing I can pick out on duck hunters...

I do hate wearing a face mask though...  Tough with glasses, and just a general pain.  That being said, I do carry an extra in the vest.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline Duffer58

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 06:13:28 PM »
I agree with the facemask for cutting down on the glare/shine from the oil in our skins.  Friend of mine flew over some duck clubs years ago and in the pictures it was easy to do a count on how many folks were hunting - faces showed up easily.  I wear glasses so I put some camo cream under my eyes to cut down on the glare from my glasses.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

Offline MickT

Extra gloves and face mask.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »
Somehow I always lose the same hand glove out of each pair. I know I'm not the only one. Gloves absolutely defy statistics of random chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
The buffalo gnats and mosquitoes often make gloves and a head net a necessity here in Southern Illinois, especially if one is setting up near a wet area. I always carry a couple of set of each plus a black plastic garbage bag to spread out under my ground lounger so that my butt stays dry and allows me to place my calls above any moisture.