OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Extra gloves and face mask.  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Flounder

• Field Rep for Collard Patch Camo
Extra gloves and face mask.
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:17:27 PM »
I always carry extra. Either myself or my hunting pardner loses one or the other.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Extra gloves and face mask.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »
That's a fact!!

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »
When I'm guiding my vest gets heavier.  Facemask, gloves, shells, and decoys.  I just sorted through mine last night and had two pair of gloves and 3 head nets.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Flounder

• Field Rep for Collard Patch Camo
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »
I was pretty much self taught, beginning 27 years ago.
Set up on some gobbling birds and no face make or gloves to be found. I always have extras stored in a side pocket/pouch.
Several occasions I've taken friends and they only have one glove or left facemask in the truck or home.
Don't leave truck unless you take inventory! And have extras with you.
Take inventory before leaving truck!

Offline sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »
Can't stand to wear either, I live by the motto, by time they see that, it's too late! There's lots of lighter color tan things all around the woods. I use to wear em, but after years of the aggravation I gave up on them and haven't noticed a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ilbucksndux

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »
I have been puting face paint on my hands more and more. Especially later in the season and it warms up. I dont like it on my face but it covers the hands well. Last year I could not find face paint so I got some black make up and it stayed on my hands all day.
Gary Bartlow

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 06:32:39 PM »
I have been puting face paint on my hands more and more. Especially later in the season and it warms up. I dont like it on my face but it covers the hands well. Last year I could not find face paint so I got some black make up and it stayed on my hands all day.
  So this make up doesn't rub off on your calls or gun and what about wiping sweat from your face with your hand ?  i'm curious how well this works ...

Offline ilbucksndux

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 04:08:06 PM »
The face paint wears off yes but the makeup stays. I have to use makeup remover to get it off.
Gary Bartlow

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 10:58:30 AM »

Can't stand to wear either, I live by the motto, by time they see that, it's too late! There's lots of lighter color tan things all around the woods. I use to wear em, but after years of the aggravation I gave up on them and haven't noticed a difference.

I have gone without them many times. Last year I started wearing them more often just because I want a little edge for self-filming. If I didn't have to worry about controlling a camera, I would never wear a mask or gloves.

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »
I Always carry a backup pair of gloves and facemask never lost a mask but I have about 10 left hand gloves without a match.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline Jobbler123

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »
I find facemask very useful so spare ones are available.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 08:46:31 AM »
I don't carry spares because that just means that I will lose two of something rather than just one of something.   :D

Online 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 09:26:33 PM »
I carry two of everything but one morning it got out of truck to put boots on and had no socks, tried to wear snake boots without socks and two where gobbling about a mile from the truck, didn't work out, went and bought socks in town at 9, I didn't find the birds again till the next day!

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 09:41:41 PM »
I carry two of everything but one morning it got out of truck to put boots on and had no socks, tried to wear snake boots without socks and two where gobbling about a mile from the truck, didn't work out, went and bought socks in town at 9, I didn't find the birds again till the next day!
How do you leave the house without socks? Sleep walk?

Online 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
I wear flip flops to the woods, I had washed socks and forget to load them, if you hunt every day you will screw up!