turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Virginia 2017

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, February 25, 2017, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Gobbling was good yesterday. Heard 5 different birds. Ground gobbling was good till about 8. Best day I've had for gobbling so far

shademtn

Haven't heard a gobble in over a week.  Glad to hear someone is hearing birds in VA.

adamg

Been hearing a few, heard 6-7 this morning, but they all want to stay in the timber.  The particular spot I was hunting is a cow farm with mostly fields, and all the birds pitched down in the woods on the neighbors side.  Killed a nice bird on an old logging road last week back in the woods, seems those are the spots to be this season.

skimerhorn

Quote from: adamg on May 04, 2017, 04:50:03 PM
Been hearing a few, heard 6-7 this morning, but they all want to stay in the timber.  The particular spot I was hunting is a cow farm with mostly fields, and all the birds pitched down in the woods on the neighbors side.  Killed a nice bird on an old logging road last week back in the woods, seems those are the spots to be this season.

I've noticed birds hanging in the woods more then fields myself

skimerhorn

Heard 3 this morning. One gobbled good till 8

mtns2hunt

Birds are staying in the woods. Have heard a few gobbles in am and an occasional in the  afternoon. Been my worst Va season in years. Changing strategies to woods hunting and ambushing by setting up in roost proximity.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

mbowyer51

Went the last two mornings in SWVA and didn't hear a single bird morning or evening.

Mountainburd

Birds till gobbling but day to day.  I had two gobbling good on the roost this morning, as well a late morning bird I managed to call across a river.  Gobbled his head off.