OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New York Gobbling Activity 2017

Started by NYlogbeards, February 25, 2017, 01:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

Thought I would bump this up just for fun. Wondering what anyone is seeing and hearing in NY. My home state of CT is heating up. I've been hearing gobbling on roost for around 3 weeks. Seeing birds strutting even with Winter being as belligerent as it is. Snow must be still pretty deep? Can't wait. After reading last years reports it reminds me how bad it was.
live to hunt hunt to live

Sir-diealot

Ran into somebody at the post office here 3 or 4 fays ago and he was saying that about 3 minutes up the road there were a mess of them in a field to the side of the road. Sad thing is before I had my car accident in 01 I used to have permission to hunt that field and then was unable hunt for 17 years and when I was able to start hunting 2 years ago I tried to get permission to hunt it again they said no because family is turkey hunting it now.

I did see about 20 in another field yesterday about 8 in the morning but they are were pretty far away and the wind was strong so I did not get to hear them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ross R

I'll bump this as well.  I am looking into planning a hunt in Jefferson county(zone 6 I think) maybe for next year or the following.  Which week do you think you would pick to have cooperative birds?  I am in the south zone in FL and if I had to pick a weekend it would probably be the 2nd. 

thanks

TauntoHawk

I think birds in the Catskills will be still flocked a bit and not as broke up come the first week of the season.

First weekend I'll be guiding for a vets hunt in Greene and will probably focus on properties that I know hold winter flocks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>