turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The ultimate turkey gun.

Started by coyotetrpr, April 08, 2011, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

There are so many different guns out there that I would like your opinions about the best. For example, Mosberg 935 Nikon turkey-pro scope Hevi13 Choke and Magblend 3.5 shells                                                                                                                                                       The pinacle combo if you will
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

870supermagnum

With so many great guns to choose from it's hard to say, "this is the ULTIMATE".  This is what I have put together and think it's a pretty bad rig.  870 Remington SPS-T Camo Supermagnum, Tasco (multi-retical) Pro Point sight, .665 Jellyhead choke, Blackhawk Camo (recoil reduction) Spec Ops stock.

goblr77

Just a matter of what a man's looking for. I don't think a gun has to be tricked out with all the extras to be the ultimate turkey gun. If a rig will shoot to POA and consistently put up great numbers at 40 with the load I choose it's fine with me.

neal

I have a SBEII 24" barrel speed bead .665 Rob Roberts choke a killer to 65yards if you wanted to shoot that far, I like to keep it within 40 when hunting, but 60+ when shooting paper. Is it the ultimate doubt it but I like it, this is no different then the question Ford, Chevy or Dodge? If you can shoot it well then you have the ultimate turkey gun.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

WyoHunter

Everyone has their own definition of the "ultimate" turkey. Mine would be a 12 ga. Beretta A400 Xplor dipped in Realtree AP with a low power turkey scope (Nikon, Leupold) mounted as low as possible. It would be fitted with a choke that patterned in the 275's with Hevi-13 2 oz. 7's at 40 yards. But then again I'm satisfied with what I have as long as it keeps killing gobblers!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

BrowningGuy88

Well my ultimate is in the works:

Browning BPS 10 gauge, choke that puts 50% of a load in the 10" at 40, Eotech XPS or Aimpoint, Quake Claw Sling, TSS reloads or Nitro Straight 7's or Hevi MagBlends.

Well now have a Benelli M2 Field on lay-a-way also. It is getting a FFII, SumToy choke and TSS.

I am sure everyone is different, but that is my dream turkey gun.

Daman

Gobble!

Thats an easy one  :lol:

Remington 870 Max Gobbler
.665 Indian Creek
Last Years 3.5" 2.25oz Hevi13 #7s (Most Likey NITROS Next Season)
HS Strut VPOD
CLAW Sling
Bushnell Red/Green Dot

TalksToTurkeys

mightyjoeyoung

I saw that thing on the Military Channel.  Rehehediciculous!!  Something 300 rpml, all stainless steel.  Need one for resident goose!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

bbcoach

The Ultimate Turkey Gun, in my opinion, is the Gun you have in your hands when you make Ole Three Toes head and neck look like JELLY!!!!  Mine is:

Mossberg 835
.670 Pure Gold Choke Tube
Bushnell Red Dot Scope
Limbsaver Recoil Pad
Beartooth Comb Raising Kit
3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz #7 Hevi-13's

First PIC is an Osceola taken on 3/8/11 outside of Naples, Florida
Second PIC is an Eastern taken on 4/9/11 in Eastern North Carolina

longbeardlife.com

Everyone to their own..   But i took a browning citori o/u had rhino lengthen the forcing cone,port both barrels,put a kick eeze pad on it.  It has a barrel selector safety  so I put a rhino turkey choke on top which is good to and easy 55yds and put a modifies on bottom for those closer range shots cause a turkey at 25 yds can be missed with the top barrel if not aimed correctly. also put a set of williams rifle sites on rib to get it zeroed in correctly.  But what really matters is what you as an individual like.  goo luck this season...

K9-Doc

Browning Cynergy camo,  50% pattern in 10" @40yd, ported barrels, with FF2 or Eotech.  Lightweight always goes boom.

archery1

you could mow the whole field down with that aa-12.. holy !@$$@@@ thats some shootin
Take a kid hunting

Ol'Mossy

I use just a plain jane Mossberg 500, that I painted, with a factory XX Full choke and have killed many gobblers with it

The gun cost me $90.00 brand new back in 1974

The choke tube cost me $15 or $20 can't remember

I have enough shells to last me 10 years, I think I paid $5 a box for them

bowhunter84

my "ultimate turkey gun" is my remington 1187SM with sure shot stock and a rhino .660 choke tube.