OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey hunters

Started by LaLongbeard, February 21, 2017, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

I think having a place specifically for new turkey hunter questions is great.A lot of good advice from experienced hunters. I remember in the beginning being near obsessed with killing a gobbler. I did not have a mentor so reading books and magazines and on the job training was all I had. It was a long road to get to where I was reasonably competent(although Im still learning and don't think I'll live long enough to become an expert,and I don't think many ever do) I look back on the early days and laugh at some of the mistakes I made. But even if I could go back to the beginning and someone would offer me a DVD book or call that would guarantee success I would not take it because it would rob me of the journey.My advice start a hunting log if you haven't already write down the good and bad ,years later you will enjoy reading over it. And no matter how bad you want a picture of you and a long spurred gobbler don't cut corners are you'll cheat yourself.You want to be able to look back and know you did it right.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

SteelerFan