turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SA-459 / Fed 3 inch #7 Heavyweight & Sumtoy

Started by wvnut3, February 20, 2017, 06:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvnut3

Finally got a chance to try my SA-459 with the Fed #7 and  Sumtoy choke. shot #1 was with a clean barrel . A bore snake was used after every shot.Lee

Fullfan

Looks good. I shot mine yesterday and got 170 and 167 in the 10. Lill gun is a shooter no doubt
Don't gobble at me...

SteelerFan

wvnut3

FL-Boss

Quote from: SteelerFan on February 20, 2017, 08:15:59 PM
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

@ 20... aim small!

:OGturkeyhead:

Valid point.. and reason why I shoot something a little more open with my SA-459...there will shots at sub 20 yards.   Your results are spot on with a Sumtoy & Fed #7.   However, for hunting in the real world, I personally prefer something more open like the Carlson. It puts about 130-145 in the 10in @ 40yards.

wvnut3

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 20, 2017, 08:38:26 PM
Quote from: SteelerFan on February 20, 2017, 08:15:59 PM
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

@ 20... aim small!

:OGturkeyhead:

Valid point.. and reason why I shoot something a little more open with my SA-459...there will shots at sub 20 yards.   Your results are spot on with a Sumtoy & Fed #7.   However, for hunting in the real world, I personally prefer something more open like the Carlson. It puts about 130-145 in the 10in @ 40yards.
aim small miss small. Lee

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA