OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single shot 20 gauges

Started by stringtalker, February 20, 2017, 12:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoffman1

I just put this one together. TDC 28" VR barrel, factory threaded, added some NWTF English lam furniture to it. Screwed in a Carlson LB choke. Anxious to shoot it with LB 6s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Recurve

Wish I could post pictures but they will not upload. Just got the Stevens Model 301 with 22" barrel installed Carlson's .568 and Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot. Shooting Fed TSS #9. The gun only cost $149 but it will flat out shoot the TSS 40+ Yd.

owlhoot

Quote from: owlhoot on February 20, 2017, 10:46:15 AM
I have an old Winchester 37A that I carried some the last 2 seasons or so . It will do 110-120's with the heavy weight 7's in the ten at 40 yards. Sure is a sweet 20 gauge to carry around.

I just tried the 37A again. This time with last years Federal 1000 fps TSS 9's.
At 40 yards it shot 222 in the 10" and total of 404 in the 20".
I was surprised to say the least. My weatherby with the .575 carlsons barely beat it  with this years 1100 fps TSS 9's right after that.

scoffman1

Quote from: scoffman1 on March 02, 2019, 10:03:12 PM
Oh I love this post. Just about complete for this one down to narrowing down some chokes and ammo choices.  Working on a second one as we speak.  Lots of great guys here who I have pm'd with questions and been kind enough to answer. 20 in threaded for chokes. Added a set of camo laminate NWTF furniture on it.

Well I changed this one up a bit... saved the 20 in threaded barrel and placed a youth synthetic stock set for an up and coming little one to multipurpose hunt and shoot with. So I added a 28" vent rib topper deluxe classic 20 gauge barrel factory threaded. I'm running a Carlson LB choke and LB number 6s.   I have another 20 gauge I'm going to send to Sumtoy for some magic when he slows down.
Here's the new package

RED NECK

here is my tc encore pro hunter and its first kill.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........