OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Good Turkey Taxidermist in TN?  (Read 8430 times)

Offline dreis3

• The Boss Gobbler
    • D. Reis Custom Calls
Good Turkey Taxidermist in TN?
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
Before the board went down someone on here mentioned a really good turkey taxidermist which I'm pretty sure was located in Tennessee.  When I checked out his webpage his work looked outstanding and I can't find the website anymore (don't remember the name).  I thought it was Birds Only but I checked and it wasn't him.  This guy offered a 3 day class where he taught you some of the art.  I remember the website he only takes about 40 birds per year.  I also remember the site having pictures of his family on it as well and most of the pictures looked they were taken in a finished basement and I believe there was a big screen tv in there as well.  Sorry for all the random little bits of information but I tried to list as much as I could remember. Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I was really interested in his 3 day class but I can't locate the site anymore.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciate.

Thanks,
-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

hobbes

Re: Good Turkey Taxidermist in TN?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
There was a member from TN that posted up pics of his work just before the crash.  I think his name included TN in it, but I can't locate him in the list.  He may not have signed back up.

You could probably do a search in the Taxidermy.net bird forum and find him, but I'm not certain he's a member there.

Offline dreis3

• The Boss Gobbler
    • D. Reis Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »
Thanks, I believe you're right, I think he did have some pics posted up on here before the crash.  Hopefully I can locate him or someone will know who I'm talking about.  Thanks again for your help!

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Offline lightsoutcalls

• Limbhanger
    • Lights Out custom calls
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
Is this the site you were looking for?

http://trophymount.shutterfly.com/
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

hobbes

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »
Thats him  :icon_thumright:

Offline dreis3

• The Boss Gobbler
    • D. Reis Custom Calls
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 11:17:21 PM »
Dang!  That guy is good.  His turkeys look amazing!  Not the guy I was looking for though.  Thanks for the help though Wendell!

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Offline Birds only

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
It's me, birds only. Im the only one who offers what you are describing. Your most likely looking at my old website. Here is my new one www.birdsonly1.shutterfly.com 

John

Offline dreis3

• The Boss Gobbler
    • D. Reis Custom Calls
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:34:03 AM »
Hey John!  Thanks, it def. was your website!  When I was googling Birds Only taxidermy it was taking me to your old site.  I sent you an email.  I'm glad you found my post on here.

Thanks,
-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Offline ncturkey

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Go hunting and Fishing
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
John,  :welcomeOG: Plus I just went to your site. I talked with you awhile back. You were just way to far away for me. But I love your work. That bird gobbling on a limb is awesome. Glad to see you on here. See ya, Mike

Offline knightrider

• The Boss Gobbler
  • east tennessee
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
john that is some awesome work and beautiful pics of the outdoors and family. thank you for sharing that site with us in looking at all those pics sure makes a man sit back and see just how truly blessed we are
thanks
david

hobbes

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »
birdsonly, I didn't remember that you were in TN.  I think I've said it before, but awesome turkeys.

Offline Birds only

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words and compliments.