OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Push pin info  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Push pin info
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »
Guys , I've been getting a few emails and text messages for folks wanting some of the push pin calls I handmake each season , I responded to all of them , and in case some of you see the pictures or soundfiles of my calls and are interested here is the latest ....

Right now , I am SUPER BUSY , work 60 plus hours a week..... , family , turkey hunting , guiding etc.....have taken up all my free time like I've never seen before ---I'm likely only going to be able to make 5 calls this season , if that ...so be-forewarned if you ask me for a call it's a YEAR wait , right now , last year I found some free time in the summer and squeezed out about 10 calls - so there is a chance , pm me your contact info and I'll get to you as quickly as possible , but it's likely I can't make you a call till 2018 , if you asked me before for a call , you will be first in line

Now ....another issue .....African elephant ivory inlays , I was making some really nice calls with those , I had a nice stash of pre ban ....but thanks to Obama and his mighty pen ....I can no longer make, transport , repair ...whatever I looked into every possible loophole .....and as of right now , if you were on my list for one of those , you won't be getting one , at least not from me , sorry guys it's just not worth it for me ....I'm not going to risk getting dragged into court over a inlay.

All I can say is if you got a push pin call with African elephant inlay  , hang onto it cause there won't be any more --- Shannon

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:06:45 PM by Old Gobbler »
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline SteelerFan

• Double Beard
Re: Push pin info
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »
https://www.fws.gov/international/travel-and-trade/ivory-ban-questions-and-answers.html

The sale of African elephant ivory items across state lines (interstate commerce) is prohibited, except for items that qualify as ESA antiques and certain manufactured or handcrafted items that contain a small (de minimis) amount of ivory and meet specific criteria.

Interstate commerce is always prohibited for the following:

sport-hunted trophies
items imported under the exception for a household move or inheritance
items imported as law enforcement or scientific specimens
To qualify for the ESA antiques exemption, an item must meet all of the following criteria [seller/importer/exporter must demonstrate]:
A:  It is 100 years or older.

B:  It is composed in whole or in part of an ESA-listed species;

C:  It has not been repaired or modified with any such species after December 27, 1973; and

D:  It is being or was imported through an endangered species “antique port.”

Under Director’s Order No. 210, as a matter of enforcement discretion, items imported prior to September 22, 1982, and items created in the United States and never imported must comply with elements A, B, and C above, but not element D.

To qualify for the de minimis exception, manufactured or handcrafted items must meet (i) or (ii) and (iii) - (vii) of the following criteria:

(i)  If the item is located within the United States, the ivory was imported into the United States prior to January 18, 1990, or was imported into the United States under a Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) pre-Convention certificate with no limitation on its commercial use;

(ii)  If the item is located outside the United States, the ivory was removed from the wild prior to February 26, 1976;

(iii)  The ivory is a fixed or integral component or components of a larger manufactured or handcrafted item and is not in its current form the primary source of the value of the item, that is, the ivory does not account for more than 50 % of the value of the item;

(iv)  The ivory is not raw;

(v)   The manufactured or handcrafted item is not made wholly or primarily of ivory, that is, the ivory component or components do not account for more than 50 % of the item by volume;

(vi)  The total weight of the ivory component or components is less than 200 grams; and

(vii)  The item was manufactured or handcrafted before July 6, 2016.

For items made of African elephant ivory that qualify as an ESA antique or meet the de minimis criteria, you do not need a permit from the Service to sell ivory across state lines. However, if you are offering African elephant ivory for sale, you should be prepared to provide appropriate documentation to the Service, if asked. We would also suggest that you pass along all documentation to the buyer of your elephant ivory items. For detailed information on documentation requirements, please refer to Director’s Order 210.

Some states have laws prohibiting or restricting sale of ivory. Check to make sure that you are also in compliance with local and state laws. Contact the state to check on their requirements.

If you have a bunch of lids made with inlay prior to July 6, 2016... ???

:gobble:  That stinks...

Offline raywa

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 07:16:15 PM »
Shannon do you have a website were you sell your calls?

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »
Shannon do you have a website were you sell your calls?
nope , I do have the blog that's on the top of the site and of course the posts here on og

I've very low production,  and like it that way , a site would generate a huge backlog and waiting list , but perhaps I may make a site one day --Shannon kelly
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline KThompson11

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 09:55:34 AM »
i can guarentee you these calls are well worth the wait. most realistic hen sounds i've ever heard out of call. when i cant get a response from anything else this is my absolute go to call. anyone that lives in PA can relate to how finicky our birds get and this call always seems to be enough to fool those old longbeards but more importantly it fools those old tricky hens that usually end up pulling mr. tom right to the gun barrel!! get yourself one!