turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Central PA Gobbling 2017

Started by HFultzjr, February 19, 2017, 07:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

what time you starting to hear them sound off  ?    was out this morning  thought it was going be good one till the rain let loose round 620 and didn't hear anything   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

HFultzjr

Started real early. Just barely breaking day. Couldn't have seen to fly down. I didn't have my watch with me, so I don't now what exact time. The were just waking up. After flydown, it slowed down a lot. I figure flydown time as to when I can see barely see the surroundings. Lots of activity my way. I'm surprised you didn't have any. Rainy and misty here also. Didn't hear any hens either.

HFultzjr

03/28/2017 - Cloudy/Overcast with a slight wind picking up. 58 degrees.
7:15 - 7:30 PM
Birds gobbling over on the mountain going to roost. A couple different places.
1st evening gobbling I've heard this year.
:gobble:

TauntoHawk

This morning sure felt like a gobbling kind of morning, I live a good 30min probably from the nearest turkey but it felt good out.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HFultzjr

03/29/2017 - Clear, no wind, 55 degrees.
I went out to the back deck again this evening and sure enough the mountain boys (4-5) were gobbling going to roost starting about 7:30 PM. Also heard a hen behind the house. Gobbling lasted until about 8:15 PM. Seemed like they were gobbling at each other, as one gobble would bring an immediate response from several others.
:OGturkeyhead:

HFultzjr

Cold, rainy, windy last couple of days has them shutdown.
Morning and evening, you would think there wasn't a bird to be found.
:gobble:

M,Yingling

didn't even think about it Friday ,,, got up 530 same here wind cold rain went back bed lol ,, think sunday is going be the morning going clear out tonight good sunny in morning bit chilly
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TauntoHawk

Sunday morning I got out scouting 36 degrees and birds were all over the public land gobbling hard.. got eyes on or heard 6-7 longbeards and maybe a dozen Jake's. Good morning but these birds will see a ton of pressure and be pushed into private quickly but I do like to get in there for youth season if I have a kid to take

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

compton30

I know this is a gobbling related thread but I did see 4-5 different strutters during my travels today. Got me jacked up even though we're still 3 weeks out

HFultzjr

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 03, 2017, 09:05:57 PM
Sunday morning I got out scouting 36 degrees and birds were all over the public land gobbling hard.. got eyes on or heard 6-7 longbeards and maybe a dozen Jake's. Good morning but these birds will see a ton of pressure and be pushed into private quickly but I do like to get in there for youth season if I have a kid to take

Sounds like a good spot. I really like the idea of the early youth season. Lets them have at them before the crowds start up.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: HFultzjr on April 04, 2017, 08:48:18 AM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 03, 2017, 09:05:57 PM

Sounds like a good spot. I really like the idea of the early youth season. Lets them have at them before the crowds start up.

It gets hammered with pressure like 10 trucks on 300 acres hammered on the weekends with 6 guys sprinting at any noise, It doesn't take long for the birds to simply relocate off the public to private. But with youth season being the first crack at turkeys in the woods I usually have them scouted decent and can get set up tight to the roost with a kid. Hoping my Nephew wants to go out

compton30

Hiking into some SGL that looks as though the closest road access(from what I can tell) is about a mile from the actual parcel of SGL. Hopefully it has birds. I'll report if anyone is talking this morning.

compton30

Nothin doing in the area I hiked into today, 30 degrees and steady light rain all morning could've had something to do with it. Area looked promising but I had to be back at 7 to put the kids on the bus. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow morning

TauntoHawk

Quote from: compton30 on April 07, 2017, 04:09:43 AM
Hiking into some SGL that looks as though the closest road access(from what I can tell) is about a mile from the actual parcel of SGL. Hopefully it has birds. I'll report if anyone is talking this morning.

What area of the state you in Compton?

compton30