OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning BPS Win LB 3.5 #5

Started by Coop1082, February 25, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Recently bought a Browning BPS 12 gauge for a dedicated turkey gun. Out of a Carlson's LongBeard XR choke with Win LB XR 3.5 2oz #5 how is this looking to you fellas? At 20 POI is dead center with a tennis ball sized hole, but at 40 the pattern on 3 separate targets looked fairly similar to this. One was slightly better, but for the most part slightly low and right was the verdict. First time poster, constructive criticism or any tips absolutely accepted!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

mbowyer51

Looks pretty good to me. Replace that dot in the center with a turkeys head and no doubt he's going down. If you want to feel a little better about it shoot a larger target and she what the whole pattern looks like.

Gumby

Your pattern density is indeed to the right

Coop1082

The major question I have is since my POI is dead on at 20, if I adjust my rear sight (HiViz rear and front) to compensate for the pattern at 40 what kind of change will it make at 20? First time using rear sights. Shot a 870 wingmaster for years with a bead and Kentucky windage and did pretty well, but decided it was time for a upgrade so I'm not 100% positive on what kind of effect it would have at 25 yards and in if I adjusted at 40. Three shoot-to-see targets at 40 seated and off of a knee and all held pretty well the same pattern which was obviously right. Would you adjust for 40,or take into a account the POI change past 30 and just adjust before the shot?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Gumby

The change at 20
Will not be much. Almost negligible. That pattern needs to move left

SumToy

The browning and moss 635/935 like the 4s and 5s
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA