turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question bout frog toggs

Started by Bowguy, February 16, 2017, 02:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Wash them in cold water on delicate cycle 2 or 3 times. AIR DRY ( no heat!! ) cycle in dryer for 15 or so minutes with 3 or 4 tennis balls or a couple of tennis shoes to beat them up. Absolutely silent? Nope. MUCH quieter, to the point that they are OK for the money for hunting? Absolutely, IMHO. Helps to wear them around the house some , too.

Bowguy

Quote from: Turkeytider on May 14, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
Wash them in cold water on delicate cycle 2 or 3 times. AIR DRY ( no heat!! ) cycle in dryer for 15 or so minutes with 3 or 4 tennis balls or a couple of tennis shoes to beat them up. Absolutely silent? Nope. MUCH quieter, to the point that they are OK for the money for hunting? Absolutely, IMHO. Helps to wear them around the house some , too.
Thanks for the advice but my theory has always been I ain't fixing what the manufacturer didn't get right. If I had to do all that I'd rather get wet

Turkeytider

Marc

As a previous Frogg Toggs user (primarily for waterfowl hunting), I purchased and used a Sitka this past season...  The level of superiority is not even describable...

The zippers on the Frogg Toggs are very fragile, and the jacket itself will tear by looking at it wrong...  They did keep me relatively dry, but I was bone dry after wearing my Sitka in a pretty good rain...  I went back to my shack to change out of the wet clothes, when I realized it was not necessary....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Turkeytider

No question that the difference in quality is " indescribable " . So are the relative price points. You get what you pay for. Anyone expecting Sitka quality from Frogg Toggs....well.... I certainly don`t.

waysouth

Look at SKRE gear, cheaper than Sitka or Kuiu and it's fantastic.  I started putting together pieces from there last year.  I recently wore my nebo rain gear in a torrential downpour at a party during Mardi Gras.  I guarantee I was the only dry one there.