OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gander Mountain going under  (Read 9690 times)

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
Re: Gander Mountain going under
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
I got my turkey vest on sale from Gander Mountain. That is about the extent of my dealings with them.

I hate to see people lose their jobs, but places like GM would have to lower their prices to compete with the Bass Pros and the Cabelas...

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
I always buy clothes at Gander Mountain and have no complaints about quality. I buy all my boots from them and especially if they have the Gander mountain logo. They exchange them no questions asked even well after a year. Hate to see themm go. This is like the second time they are going out if they trulyy are. on sale.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
I got the red  with Gander after they caved to the petatards and took the mounts out of their stores. Next!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
Gander Mts.. turkey displace of shells and stuff was a joke...all i ever used them for was trying cloths on and ordering it on line...later...and cheaper...

Offline coonhunter

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 08:43:14 AM »
You can go in the stores around here and you don't have to wonder why they are going under!  High prices and awful help.  Seems they will hire anyone.  I have talked to sales people in guns and bows and its a joke!  Most don't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle!  Lots of better options out there!
2 weeks before turkey season I went by too see what they had.  had 3 different types of 12 ga shells ant thats it.  No 20??  I ask the guy and he said people don't use 20ga for turkey!!   :turkey2:
Joshua 24:15

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 10:06:09 AM »
You can go in the stores around here and you don't have to wonder why they are going under!  High prices and awful help.  Seems they will hire anyone.  I have talked to sales people in guns and bows and its a joke!  Most don't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle!  Lots of better options out there!
2 weeks before turkey season I went by too see what they had.  had 3 different types of 12 ga shells ant thats it.  No 20??  I ask the guy and he said people don't use 20ga for turkey!!   :turkey2:

We're hunting turkey not pigeons.. you can't hunt em with a 20....oh wait all I hunt with is a 20ga lol

I've heard the same thing at stores, must be those armor plated turkeys  :OGturkeyhead:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
Gander Mts.. turkey displace of shells and stuff was a joke...all i ever used them for was trying cloths on and ordering it on line...later...and cheaper...

Exactly ... this is what a lot people do, and the reason many large retail stores are...and will continue to fold.   It's hard to compete with online places like Amazon, etc. Especially for Gander, their prices have always been high.   
Just last month..... Needed new hunting boots so I tried on many pairs of boots in Gander for nearly 2 hours... finally found the right Danners I liked. Pull them up on Amazon.. one click on my phone I had them delivered prime next day and still saved about $25.00
I would have purchased from Gander if their places was at least in line...but it wasn't. 

For small local mom and pop stores.. I have no issue paying a little more. But national stores like Gander.. no so much.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2017, 01:47:06 PM »
Sounds like Gander Mtn is coming back. Bought out by camping World. CEO says once the liquidation company finishes he will restock. Appears he purchased all their assets. Maybe it will be better this time.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2017, 07:47:36 PM »
Possibly the only corporation that I hold in lower esteem than Gander Mountain is Camping World.  Bet neither of them see a penny of my money and I will even buy in Walmart if I have no choice. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline jayjay

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 10:46:37 PM »
I got the red  with Gander after they caved to the petatards and took the mounts out of their stores. Next!

I've always had a problem with this also...when I was a kid it was a big deal to take the 45 minute ride with ma and dad to Gander Mountain...I wasn't buying anything, but to a kid it was so cool to see all the taxidermy work...the big bucks, big fish, etc.

Once they pulled the mounts it lost its feel...I think they forgot about the sportsman who were supporting them for so many years...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:20:27 PM by jayjay »