OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Latex problems  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Daddy rat

• The Boss Gobbler
Latex problems
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:37:42 PM »
I bought a used feather ridge and supplies.... half the bags of latex was marked premium and I remembered reading thread on here bout it being bad but was hoping this was newer stuff, well after less then a day most of my calls had lost tension... so do I order new stuff from pioneer or is there someone else with better latex... thanks

Offline Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Latex problems
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:42:54 AM »
Throw it in the trash and reorder from Pioneer. That latex is the crazy bad stuff from last year.
Mark

Offline Daddy rat

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »
Looked at calls again this morning and It was the natural.003 that was bad and it was only natural that was marked premium... run calls again this morning and they still sounded good.  Reordered all new this morning

Offline ZachH28

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »
Call Mitchell Johnston at Dead End Game Calls. His latex is top notch in my opinion. If you are looking for some proph. get up with Lyle at Houndstooth.

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 01:54:34 AM »
I'm very impressed with the latex currently being offered by pioneer.  The latex from dead End is good as well.  The two have different textures but both have been very good materials.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Daddy rat

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »
Yes pioneer stuff is pretty good...  what's that light blue looking latex? I been seeing it on few calls