OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: billy buice trumpets  (Read 170104 times)

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
Re: billy buice trumpets
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2019, 08:36:21 PM »
Sorry to here he doesn't carry any inventory
I miss it the way he used TOBE  call talk for a while and buy a call
Very reasonable prices. He told me one time that it was a hobby now it's becoming a job ............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #331 on: July 21, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »
I talked to him for a pretty good while Friday. I made a couple of changes to my order. We ended up talking turkey hunting, timber management and just about getting older. If family issues weren’t what they are, I would be making a trip to visit with him. As things are now I can’t be gone for multiple days.

Offline nitro

• Longbeard
« Reply #332 on: July 21, 2019, 09:19:26 PM »
Understood. Billy has family issues he is dealing with too.

He is a treasure. Those on the fence, go see him. I promise, it's time that you cant put a price on.
Royal Slam 2008

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2019, 04:35:36 AM »
Very nice!! I'm thinking about maybe leaving a day early for unicoi for a visit if he won't be making the show.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2019, 06:46:23 AM »
Very nice!! I'm thinking about maybe leaving a day early for unicoi for a visit if he won't be making the show.

I talked to him over the weekend and he said hes not sure if he will make Unicoi or not but if he comes he wont have a table or any calls for sale. Said what hes working on now will keep him busy till around December. Really hated hearing this but totally understand.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2019, 07:30:45 AM »

I talked to him over the weekend and he said hes not sure if he will make Unicoi or not but if he comes he wont have a table or any calls for sale. Said what hes working on now will keep him busy till around December. Really hated hearing this but totally understand.
When I talked to him two weeks ago he said if he did make it that it would just be Saturday for a few hours. Hard telling, probably a last minute decision with his family stuff going on. He did say he was piled up on orders though, but mine should be coming up in a couple months

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #336 on: July 24, 2019, 04:27:34 PM »
Got this 6 inch desert ironwood today from Mr. Billy and it plays the best out of all the ones ive had i like it alot.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGeJctEUCR325VdQ7

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2019, 05:18:15 PM »
That's a looker for sure.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline pinebark

« Reply #338 on: July 24, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »
Got this 6 inch desert ironwood today from Mr. Billy and it plays the best out of all the ones ive had i like it alot.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGeJctEUCR325VdQ7
That is a fine yelper there. Some nice figure in that ironwood.

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2019, 09:06:42 PM »
It sure is. Im mighty fond of it already.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2019, 09:56:53 PM »
Congrats FL Strutter that’s a purdy one. I hope you still have that lingum vitae also.

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2019, 12:57:43 AM »
We took Will's Dad to see Billy. He had never met him. Billy put on a clinic running a Dialtone and some scratch boxes...

Incredible morning.

Thanks for pics, Andy. He is a treasure. I’m getting maybe the last of Lignum in a 5.5” and 6” pair. I am 12 hours away but need to make the trip for a morning in his shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #342 on: July 25, 2019, 05:46:24 AM »
Congrats FL Strutter that’s a purdy one. I hope you still have that lingum vitae also.
Thanks. Yes sir still got the lignum. Glad i was able to get one before he stopped using it.

Offline nitro

• Longbeard
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »
To clarify, it's not that Billy is going to stop using Lignum, it's more a situation of - Can't get any. It's banned for harvest. Only dead logs can be sold. Rare. Same with Tulipwood.

Expect more of the exotics to fall into that category soon.

AG
Royal Slam 2008

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
We took Will's Dad to see Billy. He had never met him. Billy put on a clinic running a Dialtone and some scratch boxes...

Incredible morning.

Thanks for pics, Andy. He is a treasure. I’m getting maybe the last of Lignum in a 5.5” and 6” pair. I am 12 hours away but need to make the trip for a morning in his shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let me know, will meet you there.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer