OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scpossum

We had a great opening weekend turkey hunting and these were waiting for us when we got home.  All I can say is wow.  Cocuswood x Warthog x Mammoth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigSlam51

Some really nice trumpets guys!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

greentag

They sure are some buried popping up,love those 2 walnuts and those cocus ones...y'all got some good ones.

wchadw

Quote from: Scpossum on March 22, 2021, 06:14:17 PM
We had a great opening weekend turkey hunting and these were waiting for us when we got home.  All I can say is wow.  Cocuswood x Warthog x Mammoth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sweet calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

Very nice. I ran those at Billy's shop. They play . I dropped two Cocus blanks and the best piece of Ironwood I could find. Hoping they turn well. 

Also picked up these two. From some ancient Rosewood found in a Bowyer's shop in Central WA. Billy made three fine yelpers with it.

Bunch of custom orders from JKL's were almost ready. Mr Billy gave me an update on his future plans.
Royal Slam 2008

Gobble!

This threads not been bumped in too long.

Started my Buice collection earlier this month. Thanks to the help of a couple members here, I've been able to pickup a Osage and a Fence Post.

Spoke with Mr. Buice two weeks ago. He told me he is not taking new orders and is backed up until roughly this fall. He's making some changes going forward so it feels like less of a job. Ordered some of his other mouth pieces so I can get a feel for what works best. Hoping to eventually get a delrin trumpet from him.

USMC0331

Beautiful calls. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SwampRooster17

Congrats on 2 great callers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Wow!

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

riverhound

Hi all, new to forum. I would like to communicate with Mr. Buice to be added to his list for a trumpet, if possible. I saw an earlier post that he is no longer accepting requests but still have hope (I'm willing to be patient!). Frankly, many of you have noted your interactions with him to be very positive, so I'd be interested to just talk trumpets with him even if I can't be added to his list. I also respect if it is not ok to cold call him. Would someone please let me know the method and/or etiquette to contact Mr. Buice?
Thanks in advance

ol bob

So some know now Billy is no longer adding to his list, If everything goes good he finish up his list Jul.or Aug. after that point he will make call when he wants, no custom orders. If you you get in touch with him and he has something made up that you want he will sell it to you, but will not take a order for something special.

nitro

Quote from: ol bob on April 27, 2021, 11:13:27 AM
So some know now Billy is no longer adding to his list, If everything goes good he finish up his list Jul.or Aug. after that point he will make call when he wants, no custom orders. If you you get in touch with him and he has something made up that you want he will sell it to you, but will not take a order for something special.

When I last was at Billy's on March 13, he asked me not to make this public. It is true. He has had one incredible career as a call maker.  More important to me, he is a mentor, friend and brother in Christ. 

I got 3 blanks to him in person that day and hope that when he wants to build the calls that we will both be pleased with "what the lathe uncovers"

For over 30 years I have been a customer of Billy's and over time, I have been deeply blessed to spend time with him, learn from him and enjoy a friendship with a fine man.  One of the best part of being Billy's friend is that I was able to introduce him to some of my friends, who over time became part of Billy's circle. He has taught us all a great deal indeed.

I wish him well as he transitions to a pace he is comfortable with as he focuses on his family.

Thanks for all you have given me Mr. Billy! I have enjoyed every moment I spent in your presence.
Royal Slam 2008

davisd9

Quote from: ol bob on April 27, 2021, 11:13:27 AM

Good for Mr. Billy!  I have a call on the list that I look forward to getting but I also look forward to calling to see what he has on hand when he builds some inventory so I can also try to get a few wisdom nuggets through conversation.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dzsmith

well that sucks. guess im never getting a billy buice trumpet. Oh well. im sure ill see one for sell one day around here.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

ol bob

Billy is not retiring just going to stop taking orders, he will make what he wants, when he wants, if you call him and he has something you want he will sell it to you. Also if he wants to take several months off and make nothing, he has nothing to worry about.