OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

Here's mine. Left to right. Can't remember what wood the left one is. Pink Ivory and my matched set of Macassar Ebony. Bubba

IMG_0092 by ChiefBubba, on Flickr

nitro

Left call looks like Koa.

Send me a PM with number abd date of manufacture and I can check for you next time I am at Mr. Billy's shop.

Royal Slam 2008

savduck

Quote from: outdoors on October 01, 2019, 04:55:43 PM
Greentag  sounds like what I sent him almost a year ago I came across some old growth OS sent it two Billie and a couple two another and months later I finally received M and neither look close to what I sent.  I'll never do it again ............ Just a bad experience

You know wood turns colors when you turn it and then darkens back up over time? Coco may be brown. You turn it and it turns red or orange. Year later it may be solid brown again. Many woods are similar. Ive bought 20 trumpets from him, most custom orders. I promise he gave ya back what you sent. They only time he wouldn't have is if you gave him checked wood or something with a bad spot. He would call you and tell you if you did though. I wouldn't give up on getting another.
Georgia Boy

davisd9

Quote from: warrent423 on February 15, 2020, 11:39:34 AM
Picked up my 6.5 Osage from Mr. Billy. I'm a Turkey Hunter and not a call collector, therefore I am not big on showcasing calls. Not even smart enough to post pics, actually. Figured I'd sport the piss out of this one though. Hope to make this yelper "Legendary", at least amongst my family and friends, before I die. Working on getting a pic posted.

warrent423's 6.5" Osage:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

USMC0331

Sweet

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sixes

Nolehoe

Girlfriend surprised me with a Bocote Buice for my BDay

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wchadw

Quote from: Sixes on February 16, 2020, 10:48:58 PM
Here are mine
What's fourth from left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: Nolehoe on March 25, 2020, 07:54:35 PM

She is a keeper! Let's see the trumpet!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sixes

Quote from: wchadw on March 25, 2020, 08:10:18 PM
Quote from: Sixes on February 16, 2020, 10:48:58 PM
Here are mine
What's fourth from left?

Buckeye Burl that my daughter picked out for Father's Day a few years back. 

Tetelestai

Those are some outstanding looking calls. I would love to pick up one of these for my dad. Can someone please PM me Mr. Billy's contact information? Thanks.

Rzrbac

Got this gaboon Ebony at Unicoi. Thought the b&w photo looked pretty cool. One of those blocks of LV is in GA waiting for Mr. Buice to work his magic.

BigSlam51

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 27, 2020, 11:05:30 PM

Got this gaboon Ebony at Unicoi. Thought the b&w photo looked pretty cool. One of those blocks of LV is in GA waiting for Mr. Buice to work his magic.

Nice looking trumpet. Can you post a color photo?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

As requested, same photo just changed it back to color. 

Nolehoe

Quote from: davisd9 on March 25, 2020, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Nolehoe on March 25, 2020, 07:54:35 PM

She is a keeper! Let's see the trumpet!