OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: billy buice trumpets  (Read 170092 times)

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: billy buice trumpets
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2019, 09:36:48 AM »
To clarify, it's not that Billy is going to stop using Lignum, it's more a situation of - Can't get any. It's banned for harvest. Only dead logs can be sold. Rare. Same with Tulipwood.

Expect more of the exotics to fall into that category soon.

AG
I just got a 1.5"×1.5×18 blank of tulipwood. Wonder what I'm going to do with it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2019, 10:01:23 AM »
To clarify, it's not that Billy is going to stop using Lignum, it's more a situation of - Can't get any. It's banned for harvest. Only dead logs can be sold. Rare. Same with Tulipwood.

AG
I just got a 1.5"×1.5×18 blank of tulipwood. Wonder what I'm going to do with it

When you start scratching your head about. Please send it to me.     
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2019, 10:28:04 AM »

AG

When you start scratching your head about. Please send it to me.   

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2019, 07:40:09 AM »
2013 Macassar Ebony 5-1/2" with copper ferrule:

Amodel 3 and 4:
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Gut_Pile

« Reply #349 on: September 17, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »
What number is that macassar ebony? I have it’s twin
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »
What number is that macassar ebony? I have it’s twin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Gut_Pile

billy buice trumpets
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »

Yep...twin for sure

Offline BMAC_Turkeys

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
Thats pretty cool

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2019, 07:40:40 PM »

Yep...twin for sure

Pretty cool right there. When did you buy yours? I just got mine this August.

Offline Gut_Pile

« Reply #354 on: September 24, 2019, 02:10:46 PM »
February 2017

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2019, 01:08:11 PM »
February 2017

Crazy you got yours three years after being made and mine 6 years while being the number before.  Very cool.

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2019, 02:59:51 PM »
Up until a year or so ago Billy would make up a good many calls out of one wood sigh and put on a rack it might take several years to sell all before he made any more of that wood. Today he has almost no stock built up and because of health and other problems I done think he ever will.

Offline greentag

« Reply #357 on: October 01, 2019, 03:48:43 PM »
Billy called me this morning and told me he had a call I had ordered a while back done,told me he almost kept it but he knew he had promised it to me,but said in the 52 years he has made calls it is by far the prettiest Osage call he has ever turned...it’s made out of an old Osage fence post someone had given him and the blank had a lot of figure but he figured he would loose most of it when he turned it,he said the opposite happened and it just kept getting better...he said it was really hard to let that one go,but he is honest and has to sleep at night so he just went ahead and boxed it up.....to say I’m excited to get this one is understatement,also got amodel and new buffalo horn #4 mouthpieces coming,I have not been able to get pictures to post lately for some reason,hopefully I will be able to when I get it in...

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2019, 04:55:43 PM »
Greentag  sounds like what I sent him almost a year ago I came across some old growth OS sent it two Billie and a couple two another and months later I finally received M and neither look close to what I sent.  I'll never do it again ............ Just a bad experience
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »
Billy called me this morning and told me he had a call I had ordered a while back done,told me he almost kept it but he knew he had promised it to me,but said in the 52 years he has made calls it is by far the prettiest Osage call he has ever turned...it’s made out of an old Osage fence post someone had given him and the blank had a lot of figure but he figured he would loose most of it when he turned it,he said the opposite happened and it just kept getting better...he said it was really hard to let that one go,but he is honest and has to sleep at night so he just went ahead and boxed it up.....to say I’m excited to get this one is understatement,also got amodel and new buffalo horn #4 mouthpieces coming,I have not been able to get pictures to post lately for some reason,hopefully I will be able to when I get it in...

Cannot wait to see it and I think you will really like the amodel!