OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

billy buice trumpets

Started by greentag, February 12, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennett

Buice tree yelpers, l to r:
Cherry burl, African Blackwood, Magnolia, Osage

Old School

Pair of olivewood. Not a matching set. The 5 1/2" is 14 years older than the 6".

Persimmon on left. Mountain laurel on right.

Two 5 1/2" flat tops. Mesquite on left. Locust on right.

antnye

Awesome thread!  Beautiful callers fellers! :drool:

nitro

Here is a photo from raw material day.. Mr. Gamble brought some mineralized Osage fence posts to Billy from Missouri.. We were blessed to see that when the saw uncovered it- that the decades in the ground had indeed given the green color we were hoping for. Old Fence post series ... Awesome calls came from these logs..since the time the photos were taken, the air and humidity has increased the green colors. They are gorgeous calls.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Cut into manageable length.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

A sliver of the wood.. my Fence Post call has just about turned to this color all over.
Royal Slam 2008

Bennett

Love that Osage. Congratulations on those. My tree yelper is out of some of that but I don't have a trumpet.

nitro

I will update this later to show the dramatic change this call has undergone. It is vivid and colorful now.
Royal Slam 2008

antnye

Beautiful!  Is Mr Billy back in his shop yet Andy?

nitro

Not sure about that. I haven't talked with him. Getting Mrs. Pat back home and healthy is his priority right now. I hope to go see him soon and will advise.

AG

Quote from: antnye on March 06, 2017, 08:18:25 AM
Beautiful!  Is Mr Billy back in his shop yet Andy?
Royal Slam 2008

mgm1955

Lots of fine calls from undoubtedly one of the finest call makers around and a true gentleman.

nitro

TTT.

Mr. Billy will be at Unicoi in January. Highly recommend you come see him- and celebrate his 50th year as a callmaker.

To our knowledge, he is the  callmaker with the longest active career. Great man. Come meet him.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Picked up my Buice 50th anniversary set today at Unicoi. I am privileged to own such a nice pair of calls.
Royal Slam 2008

KentuckyHeadhunter

Sorry I missed you Andy.  Great set you acquired!  Billy is one heck of a callmaker and really great guy.  It was an honor having him at the seminar and celebrate 50 years of callmaking.  He's a damn legend.  Period.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion