OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Win Longbeard 20 ga

Started by bcknuts, February 12, 2017, 02:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcknuts

Kevin

jakebird

I tried to order them from MPW. Listed as currently out of stock. I signed up for email alert if they get them in. I want to try them as well.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Stumpy225

Testing some out of a R.E.M. 870 youth 21" barrel with a Sumtoy this coming weekend.

Captaintopwater

Quote from: jakebird on February 15, 2017, 01:49:37 PM
I tried to order them from MPW. Listed as currently out of stock. I signed up for email alert if they get them in. I want to try them as well.

Just got the email that mine had shipped.

Stumpy225

They shot ok. Heavy 7's had a better pattern at 40.

R AJ

I feel that this shell will perform differently than the normal lead loads and may need less choke than the chokes that shoot the Fed HW #7 so well.
I don't think that another shell will compare with the Federal load as far as working so well in so many different chokes, barrel lengths, etc.

I should be getting some soon and see what happens.

owlhoot

Quote from: RAJ on March 01, 2017, 11:19:38 AM
I feel that this shell will perform differently than the normal lead loads and may need less choke than the chokes that shoot the Fed HW #7 so well.
I don't think that another shell will compare with the Federal load as far as working so well in so many different chokes, barrel lengths, etc.

I should be getting some soon and see what happens.
[/quote
Could be .  And welcome back.

R AJ

Thank you owl hoot. Will try to check in often now that season is near.
Turkey population decline in Alabama is not caused by me I can assure you.

SKFOOTER

It would be helpful if Winchester would these 20 gauge patterns to their Pattern Board app. :turkey2:

turkeykiller41

I was wondering the same thing,maybe they don't want us to see them.

turkey buster

Quote from: Stumpy225 on February 28, 2017, 10:52:21 PM
They shot ok. Heavy 7's had a better pattern at 40.

No picture?

turkeykiller41

So gives us the low down stumpy what kind of numbers did you get,which shot 5s or 6s,any info you could give us would be helpful thanks in advance.

chatterbox

To me, it doesn't sound like the longbeards translated well the the 20 ga
You might get twice the amount of shells, but it it sounds like to me, not even a quarter of the quality
You only get one shot. If you're shooting a 20, and you want production performance, buy the Federal Heviweight's.
Nothing else mass produced even comes close.

Buford

Can not shoot the things if you can't find em!!!! Looked in two states and every bass pro and cabelas I came to but no 20 gauge longbeards. I did find a choke for them but what use is it if no shells. I just decied to stay with fed. Hw 7. Sendem to the choke makers, us hunters don't matter!!!!!       Buford

jakebird

Just got an update from MPW customer service in reply to my email. Estimated time of arrival of 3/23 from Winchester. Hopefully my order ships within a few more days. Stay posted. I will have pattern pics up ASAP after I get them.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?