OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Leafy suit or plain camo clothing.  (Read 14436 times)

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
Re: Leafy suit or plain camo clothing.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 01:43:24 AM »
:welcomeOG:
Can anyone suggest a good 3D/Leafy suit or at the very least jacket?  A lot of the ones I have seen (in stock) don't have enough green to me.

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/kill-suit-special-edition-3d-leafy-suit-wicked-woods-green-apc008/

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/kill-suit-3d-strip-wicked-woods-digital-woodland-mesh-lined-apc003w/

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/kill-suit-3d-strip-wicked-woods-digital-woodland-mesh-lined-apc003w/

I actually purchased the first one you mention. Looking forward to getting it this week.

Offline Ontario_caller

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
Always wear a top and 1/2 the time bottoms as well. They really do break up your outline allot better.
You really see the difference when your buddy sets up in one and virtually disappears into the forest floor.
I have killed several birds while walking and calling big tracts that pinned me where I was on the spot due to them responding very close , inside 60 and coming hard.
Hit the floor , ball up or lay down and your just another log or stump. Your wearing your cover.
Another big plus for me is the ability to wear regular street clothes and just cover up with 3D mesh.
Makes it really easy to get on with your day after the hunt.
I also believe it gives you an extra layer of defence against ticks.
You shed your outer layer after being in the woods and hopefully
Shedding the nastiness.
I wear the cabelas brand 3D suit , its light , well made, good zippers.
I hunt through the racks for the lighter toned tans and browns basically woodland , cabelas calls is zones woodland. Lighter tones blend in and disappear into natural surroundings much much better than darker tones. Think about how a nice light coyote just blends into the low stuff, take your eyes off it when it's not moving and it just disappears, hard to find again.
There's a really good reason that Mother Nature made most of the earths predators light coloured.
Light coloured takes on its surroundings.
There He IS !

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
I always wear a leafy top jacket but never the bottom.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline suburbhunter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 07:52:58 PM »
I change as the season changes. I usually start out wearing a tree bark type pattern such as Ultimate Camo, then switch to a Cabelas leafy suit as the green up progresses, or I wear what the environment I'm hunting in dictates.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »
I have looked at a couple of leafy suits. There is no way they will hold up in the briers I have to go through. Might be good when hunting the field edges tho.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 06:01:25 PM »
Because of the dew, I usually wear some black waterproof pants on the way to my set up spot. To keep these from shining, I put my leafy cut-out camo pants on over the waterproof ones. I wear the leafy top also along with a face mask and head net to combat the buffalo gnats.