OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ithaca Turkeyslayer 3" Hevi 13 6s

Started by Gumby, February 11, 2017, 08:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumby

Took the 12ga out to make sure she was still on. 3" Hevi 13 #6s out of factory Briley .675 choke. First pic is 30 and second is at 40. 275 and then 160 in the 10"

Dr Juice

Gumby

Brs2427

Those are great patterns I have always wanted to get one of the Ithaca turkey slayers

lowoctane

:morning:
I see dead roosters in yer future... :drool:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tha bugman

owlhoot

Wicked pattern with a good load. :icon_thumright:
Bet that turkey slayer is  nice!

pinebark

Is that turkey slayer fairly light? I've been thinking of picking one up

decoykrvr

I put a Hevishot 3", 7 in the chamber and two hevi 6's in the magazine.  If you haven't tried the 7's, you might want to give them a try.  In my Turkeyslayer w/ an IC .660 I get @206 in the 10" w/ 6's and @ 250-260 w/7's.

idgobble

I like anything Ithaca makes these days but their turkey slayer is the best.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

fishr64

dms2511

I took Gumby's advice and shot the Hevi #6's out of my Ithaca Turkeyslayer with stock choke with wicked results!  Thanks for the advice, Hevi 6's (2oz) loads are definitely the ticket for the Turkeyslayer!  Thanks for the advice.

Gumby

Quote from: dms2511 on March 11, 2018, 11:08:16 PM
I took Gumby's advice and shot the Hevi #6's out of my Ithaca Turkeyslayer with stock choke with wicked results!  Thanks for the advice, Hevi 6's (2oz) loads are definitely the ticket for the Turkeyslayer!  Thanks for the advice.

Anytime! The 7s work great as well. I prefer the 6s as they are very even and pattern great