turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fastfire with Sumtoy mount and Gobbler74 protector

Started by yella yelper, February 10, 2017, 02:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yella yelper

Thanks to the both of you for your help. Mounted on 870 20ga youth model. No more left handed misses. Come on April!

SteelerFan

1iagobblergetter

Looks great ....thinking on going that route on my son's 870 youth..have the protector not sure if it'll work on the ff3 though. Bought it several years ago...

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Uvagobbler

the Ward

Looks great! That is a nice way  to mount a ff3! 

clarkdeer

Looks very nice. But I must ask, do you guys think the protector is really needed?  Is it just added protection from hitting limbs and things?

yella yelper

I read a story of a guy on here that his gun sling broke on the top. The gun fell down onto the concrete and landed squarely on the protector. It saved his sight from completely shattering. I don't plan on this happening to me, but From my perspective I can see it being beneficial loading in and out of the truck. Don't have to worry about what the sight is near. If it is laying on its side, I won't have to worry about the weight resting on the sight, the protector will handle it

WNCTracker

my sumtoy mount and gobbler74 protector will hopefully be here tomorrow, thanks for the pics

kdfester

How is your cheek weld on the 870 buttstock with that setup?  Mine is on the way from Sumtoy and just wonder if I need to look for a shurshot buttstock or can make it work with the regular style. Thanks and nice setup

WNCTracker

can't speak to the 870 but on my SBE it's awesome, comes up naturally with cheek and eye.

Spurs Up

Quote from: kdfester on April 16, 2017, 01:47:03 PM
How is your cheek weld on the 870 buttstock with that setup?  Mine is on the way from Sumtoy and just wonder if I need to look for a shurshot buttstock or can make it work with the regular style. Thanks and nice setup

Not entirely sure what your concern might be.  However, with a reflex red dot the POI is unaffected by cheek weld.  Will shoot to dot if sighted in.  You can use any of four cheeks...  Warning: The recoil slap might be painful.

yella yelper

Quote from: kdfester on April 16, 2017, 01:47:03 PM
The skin on my face cheek barely touches the stock on youth model 870 when looking at the red dot. Cheek weld was the last thing I was thinking of shooting turkeys this year. Tagged out with shots at 37 yards in half strut and 22 yards on one running full blast straight at me. As long as it's sighted in properly, you'll have no problem with original stock or sure shot.

kdfester

Ok, thanks for the input.  My cheekbone is what usually takes the punishment of turkey loads and was concerned without having my cheek tight on the buttstock it may jump or push up and really slap my cheek.  My guess is once it is sighted in, I'll never notice it on birds.  Thanks all.

mudhen

Big yes on the protector...big yes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka