Main Menu

Get your hands on a turkey wing

Started by trkehunr93, February 10, 2017, 08:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Quote from: guesswho on February 10, 2017, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 10, 2017, 03:08:05 PM
Quote from: Rzrbac on February 10, 2017, 12:02:02 PM
I've thought about that but have always used an old boonie hat.  I use my shooting stick to scratch with or sometimes just pull up a big stick.  I've been doing this since the 80s. Sometimes I don't even call, just flap the hat and start scratching. Amazing what you can make into a turkey call.
x2
Something I have used for many many years and it's multi-functional if that's actually a word.   I take a leg off of an old pair of camo pants.   I cut the leg off at the knee.  I sew (well my wife sews) one end closed.   Grab each end and push in and pull out real hard making a popping sound.   More pressure at first then less pressure toward the last few pops.   Makes an excellent fly down and takes up almost zero room.   It also doubles as a head cover for dead birds while toting them out with my turkey tote, also cuts down on the blood.   I'll use it to cover a cam-corder etc while in my vest.   Comes in handy as a rag for drying something such as hands or whatever.    As far as scratching in the leaves I have always used a stiff crunchy sounding plastic bag such as a KFC bag or something.   Requires less movement than actually scratching in the leaves.  You can also add dry leaves to the bag once you set up if you want to add a little more volume.    And a plastic bag has a million other uses , especially in wet conditions.
great idea!