turkeys for tomorrow

Deer season

Started by dirt road ninja, February 09, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Quote from: Rzrbac on February 12, 2017, 12:03:49 AM
Didn't hunt real hard this fall but I did okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta quit huntin' so hard then, maybe my luck will change ;)

trkehunr93

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on February 12, 2017, 09:27:23 PM
Congrats everyone!

I had a good season despite not spending the amount of time in the woods that i typically would have due to the arrival of my daughter in September. I managed to arrow a decent 8-pt and several does...

Congratulations on your daughters birth, we expect to see more of her this spring in the pics you post. 

I ended up starting a little taxidermy studio in my house and took in 30 deer...16 done so far.  :z-dizzy:

Mounted this bruiser the other day...

Rzrbac

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 16, 2017, 12:16:46 PM
Quote from: Rzrbac on February 12, 2017, 12:03:49 AM
Didn't hunt real hard this fall but I did okay

I gotta quit huntin' so hard then, maybe my luck will change ;)

Honestly those 2 bucks came off my 40 acres. I've owned it for 9 years and those are the only bucks I've ever killed there. I don't hunt it much because of the lack of bucks.  I just got lucky, I hunted it 3 times and killed those two.  I've logged a bunch of hours seeing nothing.

trkehunr93

I was just jokin' around with ya, they are two nice bucks in my book. 

Rzrbac

Sometimes it just seems to happen that way. I used to sit daylight till dark if I was on a good buck and not kill a thing. I'm not as obsessed with killing big bucks like I used to be and I can't sit in a stand near as long as I used to.

Bowguy

A pic of a deer from last year. Not much horn wise but it was pretty old, fairly large too. Had to curl him up to get him into my truck which isn't full size
Second was a meat deer taken in early Jan
Not giants but deer nonetheless

davisd9

I would eat them both!   :icon_thumright:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer