News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pattern your shotgun

Started by HFultzjr, February 06, 2017, 01:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: ruination on March 01, 2017, 10:54:07 AM
I think the biggest thing that could effect POA to POI is your shims.
When considering "aiming" a shotgun at turkeys, I think one of the biggest issues with POA verses POI is not having wood to wood (i.e. having your head down on the stock).  You lift your head just a bit, and things change real quick.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

trkehunr93

I personally like to see what the pattern looks like in a 20 inch circle so I know what he's going to run into if he moves left or right as I squeeze the trigger.  I am not a numbers guy by any means, I am a nice evenly distributed, killable pattern from ranges of 15-20 and 40 yards guy.  I'm sure its already been mentioned also but shoot your gun from a hunting situation, butt on the ground, back against a tree.  Better yet take a shot or two standing, we've all missed and have had to stand up for that follow up shot or have had to use terrain to put a sneak on one and the only shot you have is standing.  You need to know how your gun feels against your shoulder in every situation possible so your prepared when adrenaline takes over.

HFultzjr

The thing I use when using a blind, is a "shooting stick, or similiar". Works great on beginners with the "jitters".
:fud: :OGani:

HFultzjr

This is my Point of aim (red) and Pattern (green) that I like.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: HFultzjr on March 03, 2017, 09:06:09 AM
This is my Point of aim (red) and Pattern (green) that I like.

So you are looking to have your gun pattern high of your POA? what does this do up close at 15yards and out at 40?

I guess I am more traditional in a centered POA/POI, I do kill birds in the 15-17 yard range (closest has been 4 yards) and up close any little bit you are off can be a missed bird... we pattern w/scope and dead-on at 15yards.

MK M GOBL