OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Flushed mounted full  (Read 2836 times)

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Flushed mounted full
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:53:29 AM »
Flush mounted full  anybody had any luck with a load in the Remington SM with this choke and if so what load?

Offline Waynesworld23

Re: Flushed mounted full
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »
Yes with both a 21 inch and 24 inch barrel shot a great pattern with Winchester long beard 3" 5&6s also shot federal flight control well just not as even. Best pattern I can get is the long beards is with a full choke it's a nice even pattern
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »
It will work.  Now I think you will only be safe to around 30.  You need to get little more choke in it then most of the flush mount.  If you could find one that could get you in the 675 range you be ok.  650 to 665 is the place to wake it up.  :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Waynesworld23

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
Somtoy is correct my turkey gun wears one of his chokes and it was worth the money but if all you have is the full and hunt the woods most of your turkeys will be kill at 30 yards and closer or that's the way it is in ga and nc where I hunt
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

Offline nickp

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »
Our old 870 Wingmaster with the Full choke 30" barrel is a monster with the 3" #6 Longbeards.  40 yards is beautiful and even beyond a good bit.  Probably going to tote it the most this year. 

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »
I have a 3" magnum Remington 1100 with a 30" fixed full choke and plan on trying the LB's in it, but for now it loves Federal FC # 5's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline MickT

Flushed mounted full
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 08:12:55 PM »
Try they federals with flight control wads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk