OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: nitro ammo in o/u  (Read 2797 times)

Offline potter

nitro ammo in o/u
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Would u fire nitros through this gun.

Offline potter

Re: nitro ammo in o/u
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:13:55 AM »
It is an armi san marcos from italy. Thats all I know about it.it seems like barrels would be heavy enough.
love to here from anyone that knows about it.hunted with it for 10 years .chokes are full.love this gun but would like to get better patterns

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »
I would not if it was my gun. I looked for one of those forever and never found one. Will send you a pm

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 10:32:29 PM »
Personally, would ONLY shoot the 10ga nitros 2.5 and 3 oz loads  out of a ithaca mag10/sp10 , or a browning 10, ...only .....

Since it sounds like your gun has fixed gull chokes , your best option is the federal #7 hw with the flight control wad , you might get lucky at get a 150+ pattern with a fixed choke , a box of 5 will set you back 30$ at bass pro,  CLEAN YOUR BARREL THOUGHLY BETWEEN SHOTS , the plastic fowling buildup realy affects pattern performance

If both barrels shoot true poi/poa , one can shoot tight and the other more open, and you have selective triggers ...you have yourself a awsome turkey gun that can take close and longer shots at desire , then get a 5$ roll of camo gun tape and go turkey hunting
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline potter

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »
Thanks once again, gonna shoot fed hw7, they got about 170,. Finished with this gun . Just need toselect load and choke in new bps nwtf.