turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H&R single shot 10

Started by kickin wing, February 04, 2017, 12:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickin wing

Hey i just got a H&R singleshot turkey model 10 gauge. I love it. Its exactly what ive been wanting but i have an issue. I sold my browning invector 30 in. Special steel field model bps 10 gauge but i kept my sumtoy .685 choke. It threads in the H&R perfectly but theres about a 16th of an inch gap between the end of the barrel and the choke. Is this safe to shoot? Ive read about other choke brands having a gap but thought id ask on here. I know deadbuck has this same setup as does a few others on here. Cant wait to get my burris ff3 and weaver mount put on it and pattern this thing. Soon as i got it i stripped it down and oiled everything. Found a steel rod in the butt of it. Wonder if thats factory ? Anyhow thanks for you guys help.

Tom Foolery

They come with the steel rod from the factory as weight for recoil reduction.  A local guy decided he didn't need the weight and took it out.  He got all twisted up on a bird and touched one off.  It bruised him from ear to waist and cracked his collar bone.  He put the weight back in and sold the gun. 

I had one but sold it because it never wowed me with a pattern and it was much heavier than my other turkey guns.

Good luck

kickin wing

Emailed william at sumtoy he said the choke is bottoming out in the barrel no big deal good to go. Thank you jesus !
Now does anyone know what weaver mount i need to get for it. Gonna go for a burris ff3.

HoutzNWTF

Weaver #19 bases. I ordered mine from Midway USA

kickin wing

Thank you sir ! I was about to order the wrong base. Ok one more thing. Limbsaver recoil pad. What size and which one ? Why is everything for this gun so hard to find? Doesnt have to be limbsaver but i prefer a screw on and not a slip on. The guns not too much for me but why punish yourself if you dont have to right ? Thanks again for all the help.

HoutzNWTF

No problem. I spent a lot of time wondering the same thing you are... why is it so tough to find parts or upgrades for this gun?? I am not sure on the recoil pads... both of mine still sport the factory pads. I actually put a handi-grip stock on the gun I hunt with. The gun is a bit lighter now but I imagine I will pay for that in increased recoil.

kickin wing

Yeah i tell ya once i get this set up how i want it i may never part with it. This has been a pain. Just finding the gun itself was like lookin for hens teeth. Oh well i feel like itll be worth it when its all said and done. Just one more for my girls to fight over when i domino.

kickin wing

Got my burris ff3 in today . It beat the base here so ill be waiting for monday to put it on and sight it in. Wonder if itll pattern the same as my browning did. Same choke and same load.  :happy0064:

HoutzNWTF

Nice man! I would like to see some pictures once you get it all installed. Also curious to see how you like it being so far down the barrel. I have the bases but not the optic...

kickin wing

Ill def. Post pics when its all together also some pattern pics next week sometime if all goes well.

Tombo

Quote from: kickin wing on February 05, 2017, 10:32:04 PM
Thank you sir ! I was about to order the wrong base. Ok one more thing. Limbsaver recoil pad. What size and which one ? Why is everything for this gun so hard to find? Doesnt have to be limbsaver but i prefer a screw on and not a slip on. The guns not too much for me but why punish yourself if you dont have to right ? Thanks again for all the help.
a real big one  LOL! I had one of those monsters, it gave a new definition to recoil.

kickin wing

Base came in early and i took pics. Tried to upload but keeps telling me an error has occurred.   :angry9: will try again later.

HoutzNWTF

Cool. Does everything mount up nice and tight? Man I am ready to get mine finished.

kickin wing

Yeah i put loctite on all the screws and it all fit great no problem at all. Weaver #19 mount and burris ff3 with picatinny mount is like its made to go on this gun. Love it

kickin wing

Still tryin to get pics loaded keeps saying same thing an error has occured