OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Attention Call Makers!  (Read 3458 times)

Offline barry

• Double Beard
Attention Call Makers!
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »
l am with The Bedford Outdoor Sportsman Association Inc. (BOSA)
We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization located in Bedford, VA.

We host or sponsor numerous events in our community but our signature event is our annual Gunnin’ For Gobblers spring turkey hunt. This hunt is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to once again participate in this great sport we all love. Highlights of this hunt have included getting the first turkey ever for an Iraqi war veteran that received the Silver Star which is our military’s 3rd highest award for combat valor! We have also had the privilege of guiding two blind gentlemen on successful spring turkey hunts. Over the time that this hunt has taken place we have had 15 hunters take their first turkey EVER with us.

We will be holding our annual Gunnin’ For Gobblers spring turkey hunt on April 22nd of this year. I wanted to ask the call makers on here if you would be willing to donate one of your calls as a prize that we can hand out to these special hunters. We typically have 15-18 hunters participate on our hunt. Any extra calls would be drawn for and given as prizes to our generous guides.
We will gladly supply you with a donation receipt for tax purposes.

If any of you others that read this have a nice new to slightly used call you would like to donate that would be great as well.

If you have any questions PLEASE message me.
Thanks for reading this,
Barry

This is our group logo

Pics from our last 3 hunts

Preppin birds for pics

Some of our hunters

Great double beard

One of our blind hunters from 2016 hunt

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:37:21 PM by barry »

Offline barry

• Double Beard
Re: Attention Call Makers!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:49:13 AM »
First of all THANKS to old gobbler for making this a sticky.
Second, those of you that know of me know that I am in a wheelchair and hunts like this are near and dear to my heart. I understand what it's like trying to ''get out there again'' to chase turkeys, I was blessed by having friends and family that were more than willing to help me.
l started this hunt 12 years ago in order to pass along to others what had been done for me.
If you thinks this a hoax just to get calls, trust me it is anything but that!
If you can donate a call it will be a memory that one of our hunters can take home with him as a keepsake and a reminder that there are groups out there that really do care!
Thanks,
Barry

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:13:14 AM »
For those who may not know ---I've known Barry for a long time now and rest assured this is a 100% legit operation he's running

If you ever get the chance to meet or talk with Barry , do it he is one heck of a inspirational person , and anything you do for him will be greatly appreciated! !!

Thanks again Barry --Shannon Kelly
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline barry

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:44:12 AM »
Thanks Shannon!

Offline flintlockgirl

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:09 PM »
My husband is  disabled and can no longer  hunt and I have seen first hand how this has affected him. I would like to donate a new:
Striker Roll Up Pouch and a few of my strikers in it if this helps.

Offline appalachianstruttstopper

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:58:53 AM »
PM sent