turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

custom string

Started by VAHUNTER, April 06, 2011, 10:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

most know i have been fighting with peep rotatin. i have finally had enough.
at this moment i have a guy building me a custom string and buss cables. his strings are stretched and twisted. he guarantee's that once the peep is set that it will not move until i need a new string 2 to 3 years from now. i pray it works.
Good things come to those who wait

alloutdoors

Once you get the new string and cables on put about 50 shots through the bow to settle things in before you mess with the peep.  Then get the peep set and you should be in good shape.

bowhunter84

Quote from: alloutdoors on April 06, 2011, 10:59:51 PM
Once you get the new string and cables on put about 50 shots through the bow to settle things in before you mess with the peep.  Then get the peep set and you should be in good shape.
:icon_thumright:

fallhnt

You might also try using serving lube on the cam areas of the serving instead of wax.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

VAHUNTER

the new string is on. i gained 4FPS !!! the guy that builds the strings guarantee's no peep rotation or string stretch.
Good things come to those who wait

ryersonhill

JBK Bowstrings has a 18 month guarantee on his bowstrings from peep rotation and serving separation:
http://www.jbkstrings.com/

I have these installed on my new Z7 and my Q2XL  never even pulled it back with the stock strings on the Z7 the are quieter than the stock strings check them out they are rock solid>
Owner-Paramadness Bow Slings
Bowslings-Survival Bracelets-Binocular Slings
Custom Braiding Available-Online Store Available
Pending Maine State Record Eastern Turkey - Archery

john porter

Put a new set of Wicked1 strings on my bow last fall. No stretch or peep rotation. I have around
4000 shots on it now and its still going good.

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

drenalinld

maineguide

I also use JBK Strings and they are great.