only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally had chance to shoot SA459 20 ga

Started by OldSwamper, January 23, 2017, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSwamper

With a Sumtoy 562.

First shot at 25 yds, no pellet count
Second shot at 40 yds (stepped off not laser), but counted 169 in 10" circle, shooting a touch right
Deep cleaned barrel yesterday and will keep playing w it.  A dream to shoot versus 12 ga loads

OldSwamper

sorry for the pics guys, they turned sideways on me for some reason.  the left side of the pictures should be the "top" and right side the "bottom".  oh well, you get the idea.

SumToy

you right handed.  If so it may be why the little right.  If so next few shots it will move over because you will not be worried about recoil.   If funny to see but folks that shoot them guns with all that recoil say it dont kick but you video them. Then they shoot every gun the same after that for a few.  I know I catch myself hesitating when I shoot the big loads.   Patterns look good out that thing it should smoke him.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

OldSwamper

Actually I am left handed.  I have only shot the gun 3 times so I will shoot it some more before I determine if the POI is a little right or if it was me (as you said, we like to think we don't flinch, but we often do).  In the pics, I only cleaned the barrel and did not clean the oil from the choke prior to shooting, as both were new.  After Saturday, I "deep cleaned" the barrel and brushed and they dry patched the choke tube.  Not necessarily looking a better pattern but just seeing exactly what the gun/choke is capable of as a best case scenario.  Fun gun to shoot.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

nyhunter