OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Barrel Mounted  (Read 4450 times)

Offline hawk

Barrel Mounted
« on: January 22, 2017, 10:17:02 AM »
What are the better production barrel mounted push pin calls. Looking for one to use as a closer when bird is in view but just out of range. I know a diaphragm is best and I'm working on it but just cannot get the soft purr/cluck.......yet.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Barrel Mounted
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
I'm not exactly gonna answer your question n im not trying to derail thread. Mouth calls take practice, the reed type/stretch make lots of dif in how easy a call is to run, or control.
Another easy way to make soft natural turkey sounds without even a call is scratching the leaves like a bird feeding.
Not trying to change your mindset just adding some ideas for ya

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »
Not sure of your hunting style,but I use a roll up ground blind that's about 12ft long 30 ish inches high. Horseshoed in front and  around the sides of my gobblerlounger.Let's me get away with hand movement. I hunt alot of open fields. If you practice from now until spring I'm sure you'll get the mouthcalls down. I'm probably average on a mouthcall,but like using them for close purrs and clucks sometimes. Just an extra tool in the bag..You could check Midwest turkey calls also to maybe find what your after ...Goodluck.

Offline Uncle Nicky

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 07:37:24 AM »
I have a Penns Woods push-pin call, that mounts to a gun barrel if I wanted to. I know push-pin calls are thought of as beginners calls, but the sound is pretty realistic, especially up close. I do OK with mouth calls, but sometimes I like to try something different. I'm carrying mine in my vest this spring, just for giggles.

I took a quick look online, looks like Quaker Boy is the only "production" call that clips to your gun these days, but there are a number of smaller companies making them also.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:32:49 AM by Uncle Nicky »

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »
any call you like with a big old rubber band to hold on the gun. Mike