OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington and Trulock  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Gtown78

Remington and Trulock
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:27:39 AM »
Here is a pattern I shot with my Remington 870 28in barrel and Trulock .660 turkey choke? I was using the 1 7/8oz Longbeards. This was shot at 40 yards and I wanted to know what I can try to better it? Do you think the 1 3/4oz Longbeards would do better? This is #5 shot.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Remington and Trulock
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:47:08 AM »
Looks good!  My 870 liked the Jellyhead and the 3" #5's

Offline Tomcat655

• Hang in there..at least till he's dead
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »
Run heavyweight 7's thru .. You already have the setup for them shells.. And they have knockdown power like a freight train

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »
Run heavyweight 7's thru .. You already have the setup for them shells.. And they have knockdown power like a freight train
Yep!!!

Offline Gtown78

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:07 PM »
Shot my gun a couple more times this evening. First shot is with the #5 longbeards and the second is with Thugs #6.

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »
 :turkey2:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Federal HW shells are the real deal!!!!!

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 07:23:15 AM »
 :z-winnersmiley:
:z-winnersmiley: AMEN AND AMEN AGAIN!!!!!! Tomcat has got it right!!!! The Federal Heavyweight #7 shot has the same energy at 60 yds. that Lead #5 shot does at 40 yds. IT IS BAD TO THE BONE...OR BEAK I MIGHT SAY!!!!! Seriously though you have the right choke for this load....try it out. GOOD LUCK!!!! And don't hesitate to hit us up for anything!!!!

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17:53 PM »
I see nothing wrong with your #5 patterns, I would hunt with them in a minute :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline cluck

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »
I would hunt with either, long beard or thugs. Good patterns.     Cluck

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 07:05:24 PM »
no, the 17/8oz load has more pellets than the 3/4. and at 40 yards they are going the same velocity. maybe a little more power at close range with the 3/4. but you will have more shot with the 1 7/8. not much but a lil. the 1 3/4oz seem to blow out a lil more than the 1 7/8
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Online SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 09:51:43 AM »
you can get better but how dead is dead.  it will make you spend money chasing numbers.   I like to see folks chase the numbers  :z-guntootsmiley: but sometimes you roll whit what you got.  :icon_thumright:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:30:02 AM by SumToy »
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
you can get better but how dead is dead.  it will make you spend money chasing numbers.   I like to see folks chase the numbers  :z-guntootsmiley:but sometimes you roll whit what you got.  :icon_thumright:
  yeah I totally agree with you.   i am a pattern junky but its a hobby, hobbies can be expensive and I love shooting!