turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I need a new hooter

Started by Rzrbac, January 15, 2017, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

I posted something similar in the pot forum and got several suggestions.  One of my favorite things to do is call owls. I go to the woods early just to get the owls going. I've been running the same hooter for about ten years. It just doesn't seem as loud as it used to be. I dont even remember the brand all I know is it's made from zebrawood.  I have been looking at a Harrison's but that's about the only one I've read about. Any suggestions for a good hooter with a real owl sound with a lot of volume and makes a good laugh.  Thanks.

USMC0331

You can try Mr. Darrell Gibson.

slicksbeagles1

I just got back from Unico and you need to contact Mr Gibson he's got a new owl hooter that is going to change the call making world as well as a new crow call

Rzrbac

Anybody got contact info for Mr. Gibson?

USMC0331

Bowguy

Couldn't go wrong w the Harrison's

dirt road ninja

Real owl sound and lots of volume. I hadn't found one yet. I do like my Harrison, but wouldn't consider near as loud as a real bird  or loud in general.

davisd9

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on January 15, 2017, 09:14:29 PM
I just got back from Unico and you need to contact Mr Gibson he's got a new owl hooter that is going to change the call making world as well as a new crow call

X2! That little thing was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mgm1955

SX3Mike

Harrison Hollywood Hooter.  Love mine. 

Terry

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on January 15, 2017, 09:14:29 PM
Are you talking about his open reed hooter?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

Mike, that's a good looking call!

Bowhuntr73

I like the Houndstooth. Can't go wrong!