OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Chattahoochee chatterbox XL

Started by antnye, January 15, 2017, 11:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antnye

Had the pleasure of meeting Allen Dunfee "KentuckyHeadhunter" at Unicoi this weekend. Super cool guy. He surprised me with one of his scratch boxes. This box is awesome. Loud and raspy.  Sounds great and as with all the work I've seen him do is beautiful and original. Down to the legendary snake rattler on the inside. If anybody is looking for a great sounding unique call that doesnt look like everyone else's drop Allen a line.
Thanks buddy for the call. It'll be in my vest come march. I am thankful beyond words and look forward to sharing a tree or creekbank sometime.  :you_rock:

krm

Congratulations ! on a very nice call "packed full of Turkey" made by a great guy.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Kelvin Morrison

KentuckyHeadhunter

Gosh guys I'm very humbled by the kind words.  Anthony I'm so glad you like the scratcher.  It was hard to let that one go but it I made it specifically for you....Lol. My calls are different but once learned they kill turkeys when other calls fail.  Steve Mann got his on Saturday also and really liked it and ran it VERY well. That was an honor and privilege for me. He wants two more!  I haven't been winning medals and awards but it doesn't matter to me when it comes to compliments like what you said here and when birds are down.  I really enjoyed the show and KRM is a huge wealth of knowledge when it comes to turkey calls and a great dude! Thanks Kelvin and Anthony once again.   :thanks:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

gergg

I got to run one of Allen's scratchers too, it looked and sounded great. Allen puts a lot of time and effort in those calls, from one craftsman to another, great work Allen!!....forgot to check yours out Anthony, maybe next time.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

antnye

Quote from: gergg on January 15, 2017, 06:00:33 PM
I got to run one of Allen's scratchers too, it looked and sounded great. Allen puts a lot of time and effort in those calls, from one craftsman to another, great work Allen!!....forgot to check yours out Anthony, maybe next time.

You didn't  miss anything Gregg. I don't make scratchers.  I only make trumpets, tubes and a few boxes.

gergg

Quote from: antnye on January 15, 2017, 06:28:30 PM

You didn't  miss anything Gregg. I don't make scratchers.  I only make trumpets, tubes and a few boxes.

Sorry Anthony, I meant I wanted to see the scratcher Allen gave you, he mentioned it to me early Friday...I did however get to see and play your awesome trumpets, unfortunately I had zero cash left at the time....lol
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

antnye

Quote from: gergg on January 15, 2017, 06:48:53 PM
Quote from: antnye on January 15, 2017, 06:28:30 PM

Sorry Anthony, I meant I wanted to see the scratcher Allen gave you, he mentioned it to me early Friday...I did however get to see and play your awesome trumpets, unfortunately I had zero cash left at the time....lol

Oh ok. I didn't have it then I would have showed it off. It was a pleasure seeing you again. I know how it is. I didn't leave with much money myself after walking around a bit. Lol