Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apparently cluck and purr is not a hunting call?

Started by Life of Riley, July 20, 2016, 07:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFW

I tell ya after calling in 4 different hens without a gobbler to be found, I had to have some fun with them, each of them got real vocal with me clucking cutting and purring. I did notice as soon as I started purring they definitely got gen to come straight to the decoy and blow up being absolutely pissed at my decoy. I played with all of them for about 20-30 min no matter what I threw at them they would either mock me or just start yelping or cutting. But not a one freaked out about just clucking and putting, really just clucking and purring got all of them fired up first.

trkehunr93

Quote from: Old Gobbler on September 03, 2016, 08:38:37 PM

Don't tell the couple thousand turkeys I've called in my life that a cluck and purr won't call them up  :OGani:

I'm willing to wager any fantastical sum of money ...to any person , even some youtube prostaff quack , i can walk out into the woods and call up a wild turkey using a cluck and or purr or any combination etc...

yes they will work.  I cannot purr for the life of me on a mouth call but give me a push pin, box or pot call and i'll purr as much I can.  fighting purrs have sent them in on a string before.  I read years ago about the cluck being one of the most underutilized calls a hunter can make.  This was an article from turkey and turkey hunting where they interviewed Jim Clay from Perfection Turkey Calls. Turkeys cluck so I cluck, soft or loud.