OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2107 New Members (Updated 1/10/17)  (Read 2323 times)

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
2107 New Members (Updated 1/10/17)
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
Had a few open spots so I went ahead a filled one of the spots.  Everyone please welcome Bowguy to the team.  He is very active on the forum and I think he will fit right in with us.  I think he will help us get those extra birds that we need and never seem to get.  I will let him introduce himself.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:44:45 AM by davisd9 »
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: 2107 New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »
Hey guys,
Thanks for allowing me to join. I've never been part of the contest n actually didn't see this til now so I'll be learning as I go.
Been hunting turks since the 80s. Back than my state was very restricted. We'd get a permit once every 3 years on average.
I'd practice w a mouth call all year n many friends would draw the permit n couldn't call, fortunately for me I could. The experience doing so helped tremendously since back than in my area no one would help you. 
During the same time frame or shortly thereafter I began to hunt NY. The first bird that came tip toeing down a Catskill mountain will always be in my minds eye. I was elated n couldn't wait to get home to tell everyone. It was a longbeard to boot, I couldn't be happier.
In time as, in NJ, our permits would last only a week, I'd tag out first 45 mins of morning  n look for someone to call for. We had tons of birds around here than.
Mentoring is something very dear to me, I've often said I'd rather call for a kid or newbie just to see a successful smile or the look in their eye as a gobbling bird approached. 
I'm pretty competitive n this contest already has me fired up for spring.
I'm a hunter ed instructor, archery instructor, was a full time taxidermist and volunteer time at jakes days , disabled vet hunting/fishing events, family fishing events.
Glad to join your team n hope I can help out.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »
Thank you brother hope I can help n plan to try

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: 2107 New Members (Updated 1/10/17)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »
Please also welcome BABS9 to the team.  He is joining us from NY.

I probably will not add anyone else until I hear from other members.  The two slots I have filled were opened by previous members, hate they did not rejoin, but glad for the new guys.  Thanks!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »
Hey,
Thank you for allowing me to join the team! My name is Billy and I am from western New York. Most of my hunting is done in ny. May travel to Ohio this year. I look forward to getting to know you guys and competing! Now spring just needs to hurry up!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »
Howdy,

Welcome to our team of cyber slayers. If ya'll two new guys kill half the birds that WNY Bowhunter does we will be in great shape! He posts up giants every Spring. Looking forward to sharing the www. with you.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
Welcome aboard Bowguy and BABS9.  Looking forward to stacking up the spurs with ya'll! 

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
Thanks guys!