Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2017 Season

Started by anthonyjhallen, December 31, 2016, 03:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Greetings and happy new year!!  I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.

We are finally getting settled here in Germany and I have recently learned that I will be able to come back to the states this spring to hunt!!  To say I am excited is an understatement.  I know I had mentioned last season that I may not be able to serve you all as the captain while I am overseas but I don't think that will be a problem given the work load and tempo of my new job.  I am sure I will be able to make it happen this year at least, if ya'll will have me again.

With all that in mind, I am getting my 2017 season together.  I should be back in the states for two weeks from 12-26APR.  I will be focusing primarily on public land in NC, SC, and GA, but other states in the South East are not out of the question.  It will be a bare bones operation as I will most likely be camping to save a little cash given the cost of the flight, licenses, and rental car but, if anyone wants to join me somewhere along the way now is the time to start getting it together.  Public land Easterns can be a pain but I am sure we can make it happen.

Let me know if you are interested and we will get a plan together.

Also, it may be a little early to start asking but who is interested in coming back again this year?  I am constantly thinking of ways we can improve the team and I have several ideas to try this year but I will go more into that as we get everyone together.

hookedspur

Its never to early Haha ,to think about turkey reason .
Glad to hear you are able to come back and hunt and to be a Crusader..
I'm coming back but we are losing thenatural67 due to work and family time constraints,
but I talked to Roost1 ,he's coming back and has a turkey killing buddy that wants to join us as a Crusader .

I have hunts planed in TN KY NB KS and OH.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

whiskey

Hey fellers! I'm Roost1's buddy and played on Voodoo Mafia when it existed. I'd love to get in on the game in 2017 if you got an opening. I won't make any promises, but I will do my best to make sure Roost1 gets out of bed and at least attempts to kill a turkey. He's scared of the cold, so pray for a warm spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Anthony, great news to hear you will get to play this year. Don't forget the hunt we talked about, let's make it happen. Yeah, I'll vouch for Whiskey, stand up dude that would contribute to the team. Although he's the worst turkey hunter I know, he is a fair comedian and exciting to be around.  :OGturkeyhead: